Request for consultation
DELMAR ONLINE TRAINING SIMULATION: HVAC, is a 3-D, immersive simulation that offers a rich learning experience that mimics field performance. It challenges learners to master diagnostic and troubleshooting skills across six pieces of HVAC equipment found in industry- Gas Furnace, Oil Furnace, Gas Boiler, Small Commercial Air Conditioner, Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pump. Soft skills are also included within the Simulation. To create successful learning outcomes, the Delmar Online Training Simulation: HVAC offers more than 150 scenarios which allow students to troubleshoot and build diagnostic and critical thinking skills. Two modes within the Simulation promote incremental learning: Training Mode has fixed scenarios to aid in initial familiarization with the equipment, the problem needing attention and the capabilities of the Simulation Challenge Mode is randomized with 3 levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. Both modes require learners to diagnose a fault or faults and perform the repair successfully while materials and labor costs are tracked. Online access is for two years upon activation. The instructional design allows for full open engagement, so students do not have artificial guard-rails leading them to a conclusion.
- Each scenario starts with a customer-stated service call. The scenario addresses a simulated fault or multiple faults on an appliance and requires students to use the correct tool and a structured diagnostic process to deliver a repair scope of work and bill.
- Announcing the launch of Delmar Online Training Simulation: HVAC Version 2. This version is an automatic upgrade for any current HVAC Sim users. Version 2 enhancements include: Teleporting - Easier navigation between any indoor and outdoor units and thermostat; Badge and Leaderboard – Track your progress by acquiring badges and earnings. A national leaderboard is included for those who wish to opt in to compare their performance to others; IPAD compatibility – Now your favorite simulation is available on the iPAD2 and newer versions; Dynamic Troubleshooting Guide - More intuitive solution map with option to display step-by-step trouble-shooting path for each scenario.
- Includes interactive color wiring diagrams linked to diagnostic testing of equipment .
- Access detailed troubleshooting guides to understand fundamental equipment operation and accelerate the learning process.
- An easy-to-use and intuitive Gradebook/Admininstration Tool gives instructors quick access and visibility into student performance and understanding .
- User Feedback Reports provide immediate analysis to help identify and correct problems to aid student understanding .
- Students/user can practice at their own pace and convenience, in a safe environment .
- A bonus Soft Skills Module challenges students with questions on the proper engagement behavior with customers.
- Today''s busy students can practice their growing skills on these simulations from any personal computer—at home, a public library, or in the classroom.
1. Loose white wire on inducer motor.
2. Loose black wire on inducer motor.
3. Faulty inducer motor.
4. IFC inducer motor circuit fault.
5. IFC ignitor circuit fault.
6. IFC terminal W loose.
7. IFC Terminal R loose.
8. Dirty air filter.
9. IFC line H loose.
10. IFC line N loose.
11. Faulty ignitor.
12. Faulty pressure switch.
13. Faulty thermostat.
14. Faulty transformer.
15. Tripped circuit breaker.
16. Faulty flame sensor.
17. Low gas supply pressure.
18. Faulty gas valve.
19. Faulty blower motor.
20. Faulty blower motor capacitor.
21. Obstructed return airflow duct.
22. Thermostat terminal W loose.