Request for consultation
As a society that relies on technology to thrive, we face a growing number of potentially catastrophic threats to network security daily. DATABASE SECURITY delivers the know-how and skills that today's professionals must have to protect their company's technology infrastructures, intellectual property, and future prosperity. From database installation and testing to auditing and SQL Injection, this text delves into the essential processes and protocols required to prevent intrusions, and supports each topic with real-world examples that help future IT professionals understand their critical responsibilities. Unlike most texts on database security, which take a computer scientist's analytical approach, Database Security focuses on implementation, and was written expressly for the expanding field of Information Technology careers.
- Thoughtfully Organized: DATABASE SECURITY is divided into four parts to make finding and comparing implementation processes quick and easy, while stand-alone modules allow instructors to customize the book according to specific course needs.
- Implementation Focused: Addressing widely used database implementations, this text shows future IT professionals how to head-off and solve problems with a practical mindset.
- Hands-On Practice: Working with the security features presented in the chapters, users practice implementation with these helpful labs to see firsthand the potential outcomes of each.
- SQL Injection Discussion: A relative newcomer to the world of database security, SQL Injection poses great challenges to database and security professionals, and Database Security is one of the only books on the market to address the topic.
- Real-World Examples: The Security in Your World feature at the beginning of each chapter uses real-world scenarios to demonstrate viable solutions for various threats and instrusions to SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL databases.
2. Database Review.
3. Database Installation: MySQL.
4. Database Installation: SQL Server.
5. Database Installation: Oracle.
6. Passwords, Profiles, Privileges, and Roles.
7. SQL Injection I: Identification.
8. SQL Injection II: Exploitation and Defense.
9. Database Security Auditing.
10. Database Security Testing.