Request for consultation
Balancing the most technical concepts with practical everyday issues, DATABASE COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS, 8e provides thorough coverage of the basic features, operations, and limitations of different types of computer networks--making it the ideal resource for future business managers, computer programmers, system designers, as well as home computer users. Offering a comprehensive introduction to computer networks and data communications, the text includes coverage of the language of computer networks as well as the effects of data communications on business and society. Completely up to date, the Eighth Edition reflects the latest trends, developments, and practices from the field. It offers full coverage of wireless technologies, industry convergence, compression techniques, network security, LAN technologies, VoIP, and error detection and correction. New coverage includes near field communications, updated USB interface, lightning interface, and IEEE 802.11 ac and ad wireless standards, firewall updates, router security problems, the Internet of Things, cloud computing, zero-client workstations, and Internet domain names.
- Offering the most current coverage available in this fast-changing environment, DATA COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS: A BUSINESS USER'S APPROACH, 8e covers the latest practices, issues, and technologies relating to computer networks, data communication, computer language, and the effects of all of these on today's society.
- Thoroughly revised and updated Chapter 1: Introduction to Computer Networks and Data Communications reflects the most recent trends and developments from the field.
- The Eighth Edition provides new coverage of near field communications, updated USB interface, lightning interface, and IEEE 802.11 ac and ad wireless standards.
- Expanded coverage of emerging security issues includes firewall updates and new information on router security problems.
- The Eighth Edition also includes new discussions of the Internet of Things, more on cloud computing including hybrid clouds, expanded coverage of zero-client workstations, and new Internet domain names.
- Packed with examples and thorough explanations, DATA COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS: A BUSINESS USER'S APPROACH, 8e equips readers with an in-depth understanding of the more technical concepts as well as the everyday practical aspects of real-world practice.
- "Details" sections separate highly technical material from the rest of the chapter narrative and provide thorough explanations to ensure student understanding.
- "In Action" examples vividly demonstrate the chapters' key topics in practice in a realistic work environment.
- "Thinking Outside the Box" exercises at the end of each chapter challenge students to explore ideas beyond those explicitly outlined in the chapter--sharpening their critical thinking skills.
2. Fundamentals of Data and Signals.
3. Conducted and Wireless Media.
4. Making Connections.
5. Making Connections Efficient: Multiplexing and Compression.
6. Errors, Error Detection, and Error Control.
7. Local Area Networks: Part 1.
8. Local Area Networks: Part 2.
9. Introduction to Metropolitan Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
10. The Internet.
11. Voice and Data Delivery Networks.
12. Network Security.
13. Network Design and Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, in your classroom, or through CengageNOW.