Request for consultation
This text combines curriculum and instruction studies with assessment, which is very popular in higher education today. New laws in special education focus on assessment, and the new tools and forms provided here. Strategies and practical applications for teaching special education are combined in one source. The theories behind teaching exceptional learners and the assessment applications to practice it are merged for the special education major and the elementary education major taking their one mandatory introductory course.
SECTION 1: CURRICULUM.
2. Goals, Outcomes, and Standards.
3. General Education Curriculum with and without Modifications.
4. Life Skills Curriculum.
5. Curriculum in Modified Means of Communication and Performance.
SECTION 2: ASSESSMENT.
6. Purposes of Assessment: Part I.
7. Purposes of Assessment: Part II.
8. Assessment Methods and Tools.
9. Making sense of Assessment Results.
10. Writing IEP Goals, Benchmarks, and Objectives.
SECTION 3: INSTRUCTION.
11. Creating a Context for Learning.
12. Providing Quality Instruction through Planning.
13. Selecting Instructional Activities.
14. Teaching Mathematics.
15. Emergen Literacy.
16. Supporting Continued Literacy Development.
17. Teaching Learning Strategies, Study Skills, and Life Skills.
18. Technology in the Interactive Curriculum, by Vicki Casella and Loretta Giorcelli.
19. Application Activities Organized by Chapter.