Request for consultation
This collection of Current Topics in Technology is designed to elevate technology courses, encouraging students to develop a higher level of social, legal, and ethical awareness in the study of technology. Students are guided through a wealth of topics that provide insight into the crucial role that technology plays both personally and professionally. Students will explore their responsibilities to the environment and to society, ensuring that productivity and technical risks are appropriately managed, and preparing them for the challenges of leadership. When utilized as part of the critical methods of instruction in computer concepts and Office courses, this combination of literature and exercises has proven to inspire a greater interest in technology education.
- Offers 30 articles featuring the latest topics and trends in technology.
- Provides Things to Think About critical thinking questions which stimulate student discussions of the topics covered.
- Serves as a perfect addition to a Computer Concepts or Office course to build awareness of the role of technology in both personal and professional areas.
- Introduces the article topic and provides background information in a preface and then presents the topic as a mini case study.
2. The Hybrid Manager.
3. Blogger Litigation.
4. Monitoring Technology in the Workplace.
5. Instructional Technology.
6. Data Brokers.
8. Mobile WiMax.
9. The New Internet Architecture.
10. Information Surveillance.
11. Purchasing Information.
12. Cloud Computing.
13. Information Censorship.
14. E-Mail Harvesters.
15. The Threat of Complex Networks.
16. Security Obsolescence.
17. Digitization and Copyright Law.
18. Electronic Social Responsibility.
19. Cell Phone Technology.
20. Electronic Election Systems.
21. Laser Technology.
22. Wireless Computing.
23. Managing Information Systems: Adhocracy.
24. Electronic Resources.
25. The New Digital Divide.
26. Cell Phone Security.
27. Internet Crime.
28. Cyber Infrastructure.
29. Electronic Commerce.
30. Technology Addiction.