Request for consultation
Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert, your CPT® coding resource. Equipped with the entire 2017 CPT® code set with easy to use coding includes and excludes notes for coding guidance, and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You’ll also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT® code books.
- New — Optum360 Edge —Evaluation and Management Appendix – Easy to use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate E&M code selection.
- New - Changed and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT® code descriptions.
- PQRS icons and appendix. Link codes and their associated quality measure for reporting to Medicare.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Ensure more accurate reimbursement with attachment to the corresponding code.
- Helpful illustrations. Detect anatomical differences in codes with ease.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and Pub. 100 references. Understand which policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix.
- Pub. 100s and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs). Access new information that affects coding, including better identification of the national coverage manual.
- Modifier icons. Apply modifiers correctly with quick icon identification with the CPT® code.
- Modifier appendix – Includes CPT® and HCPCS Level II modifiers and descriptions for easy reference for Medicare coding.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Vaccine names are listed by the CPT® code to aid accurate coding for medications.
- Appendix with codes used to report inpatient procedures only. Don’t be denied payment by making coding errors.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding, billing and reimbursement terms to improve coding accuracy.
- Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of illustrations showing interventional radiology vascular families, as well an appendix of grids detailing vascular family order for more accurate radiology coding.
- Optum360 Edge — Headings with detailed Optum360 subheadings. Locate CPT® codes quickly.
- Optum360 Edge — Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the AMA, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Optum360, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Optum360 Edge — Resequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s code “resequencing” at a glance with our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
- Optum360 Edge — Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- Optum360 Edge — CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT® codes with corresponding CCI edits.
- CPT® Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of the CPT® has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT® Assistant Newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.