Request for consultation
CULTURE AND PSYCHOLOGY, 6th Edition illustrates how and why culture influences mental processes and behaviors in humans, and is relevant for anyone interacting with people from different cultures. Incorporating current research that highlights the relationship between culture and psychology, the authors use a cross-cultural framework that gives students the tools necessary for evaluating many psychological processes and principles from a cultural perspective. In addition, the text encourages students to question traditionally held beliefs and theories and their relevance to different cultural groups today, and to apply what they learn to their own lives.
- Based on reviewer feedback, pedagogical changes have been made in each chapter to make the text more accessible to students, including narrative revisions to improve the flow of the material as well as additional tables and figures to clarify the content.
- Updated content incorporates recent developments, includes more recent research published within the last few years, and highlights new theoretical and methodological innovations.
- References have been updated in all chapters.
- Featuring a strong psychology research base, the book presents the latest findings in cross-cultural and multicultural issues, including coverage of psychological disorders, mental health, enculturation, and psychotherapy.
- The book includes distinctive chapters on culture, language, communication, enculturation, and culture and developmental processes.
- Comprehensive end-of-chapter summaries/conclusions and glossaries reinforce key concepts and facilitate study and review.
1. An Introduction to Culture and Psychology.
2. Cross-Cultural Research Methods.
4. Culture and Development.
5. Culture, Self, and Identity.
6. Culture and Personality.
7. Culture and Gender.
8. Culture and Cognition.
9. Culture and Emotion.
10. Culture and Language.
11. Culture and Physical Health.
12. Culture and Psychological Disorders.
13. Culture and Psychological Treatment.
14. Culture and Social Behavior.
15. Culture and Organizations.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Manual with TestBank and PowerPoint®
This manual contains a variety of resources to aid instructors in preparing and presenting text material in a manner that meets their personal preferences and course needs. It presents chapter-by-chapter suggestions and resources to enhance and facilitate learning.