Request for consultation
Crystal Reports 2011 is a powerful software tool for turning raw data into corporate decision-making information. End-users and report developers alike use Crystal Reports to extract and format information, and Crystal Reports is one of the most popular packages for corporate reporting. As powerful as it is, Crystal Reports is not known for having a gentle learning curve--in fact, many new users can find the task of extracting what they need from the program a daunting one. Fortunately for these new users, there's CRYSTAL REPORTS 2011 FOR DEVELOPERS: REPORT DESIGN AND INTEGRATION. Covering Crystal Reports 2011, Crystal Reports for Enterprise XI 4.0, Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010, and Crystal Reports for Eclipse, CRYSTAL REPORTS 2011 FOR DEVELOPERS: REPORT DESIGN AND INTEGRATION provides a solid introduction for any report or application developer just getting started with Crystal Reports. This book even includes chapters on integrating Crystal Reports into a .Net or Java application and the new SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise platform and design environment. Going beyond the sample reports that ship with the product, CRYSTAL REPORTS 2011 FOR DEVELOPERS: REPORT DESIGN AND INTEGRATION is filled with step-by-step essentials and real-world examples, showing readers how to take full advantage of Crystal Reports key features so that they can create information-rich, quality reports from their own data and integrate them into their own applications. Many of the chapters include exercises to give you additional practice in each area covered in the chapter. The files that correspond with the exercises can be downloaded from www.courseptr.com/downloads.
- Provides a solid introduction to the newest version of Crystal Reports.
- Covers basic design as well as techniques for integrating on various platforms.
- Includes all the necessary code as well as sample reports on the companion web site.
- The author has 15 years of experience training and consulting businesses on many topics, including Crystal Reports.
PART I: USING CRYSTAL REPORTS 2011.
1. Introduction to Crystal Reports.
2. Getting Started.
3. Creating a Report.
4. Formatting and Organizing Reports.
5. Working with Margins and Sections.
6. Formatting Fields.
7. Filtering and Analyzing Data.
8. Understanding Formulas, Functions, and Expressions.
9. Creating Complex Reports.
10. Setting Report Options and Exporting Reports.
11. Crystal Reports .Net Visual Studio 2010 Introduction.
12. Introduction to Crystal Reports for Eclipse.
PART II: INTRODUCTION TO SAP CRYSTAL REPORTS FOR ENTERPRISE XI 4.0.
13. Introduction to Crystal Reports for Enterprise XI 4.0.
14. Formatting and Organizing Reports.
Appendix A: Formula Functions.