Request for consultation
The ultimate goal for all caregivers and educators is to assist in promoting healthy development of young children. This edition focuses on the growth of the whole child by including norms for physical, language, and communication, cognitive, social and emotional development from birth to 36 months. It includes up to 300 specially-designed activities for infants and toddlers, and groups experiences by ages and developmental areas. Guidance is given in matters of safety and family involvement, with up-to-date assessment information to enhance the ability of caregivers to meet the developmental needs of infants and toddlers. With additional references, web links, on-line resources, daily planning forms, and expanded appendices, Creative Resources for Infants and Toddlers, 2E provides the tools to help you create a strong foundation for the thinking, interacting, and learning progressions of the children in your care.
- · Development coverage from birth to 36 months offers guidance within the complete range of infant and toddler stages
- · Recipes, songs, and fingerplays enhance developmental experiences
- · Suggested toys and equipment list provides age-appropriate guidelines for making better selections
- · Recommended list of children's books promotes language and literacy development
- · Web links, cross-reference activities and on-line resources provide additional sources of research and reference for teachers and parents
Promoting Optimal Development in Infants.
Birth to Three Months.
Four to Six Months.
Seven to Nine Months.
Ten to Twelve Months.
Promoting Optimal Development in Toddlers.
Thirteen to Eighteen Months.
Nineteen to Twenty-Four Months.
Twenty-Five Months to Thirty Months.
Thirty-One to Thirty-Six Months.