Request for consultation
Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2017 Standard Edition. The AMA publishes the only CPT® codebook with the official CPT coding guidelines developed by the CPT Editorial Panel. The updates that appear in this revision have been prepared by the CPT Editorial Panel with the assistance of physicians representing all specialties of medicine, and with important contributions from many third-party payers and government organizations. Noteworthy changes to the CPT 2017 code set will be found in the following sections and subsections: Bone Biopsy; Physical Medicine; Laryngeal; Mammography; Hemodialysis Access; Vaccines; Drug Testing and Moderate Sedation. With this edition there is a new modifier and a new appendix for synchronous telemedicine services.
- A comprehensive index -- helps locate codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation.
- Illustrated Anatomical Review -- a quick reference review of vocabulary and anatomy basics.
- Clinical Examples -- provide a useful tool and guidance for reporting services provided to patients.
- Alphabetical tabular listing of most analytes in the Pathology and Laboratory section -- eases your code search by directing you to applicable molecular pathology codes based on a specific analyte.
- Increased granularity in Molecular Pathology -- improves your ability to assign the proper code for a laboratory procedure.
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions -- provides an overview of 2017 changes.
- Multiple appendices -- offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, add-on codes and vascular families.