Request for consultation
Make an impact in your course! Partnering with the Associated Schools of Construction, Delmar, Cengage Learning brings you this unique, web-based collection of lessons. COURSEBUILDER FOR STRUCTURAL DESIGN focuses on applied structural design of the three most common construction materials: structural steel, reinforced concrete and wood. Each lesson uses high-resolution color images, videos and animations that help students visualize these components and understand the way each material behaves in an on-site setting. Self quizzing, end of lesson questions and note taking ability are all built into these lessons to improve comprehension, and with an internet connection, students can access their lessons from anywhere. And, by being able to pick and choose which lessons to use, COURSEBUILDER FOR STRUCTURAL DESIGN enables instructors to tailor their course to the specific needs of their course.
- Coverage of structural design is specifically crafted for construction management, architectural, and civil technology students.
- Web-based environment engages students with text, high resolution images, animations, and videos.
- Video solutions of selected problems are provided.
- Course content covers only the most relevant structural design steel, reinforced concrete and wood materials using the latest AISC, ACI and NDS specifications.
- Offers flexibility with the ability to purchase individual lessons.
- Each of the three most common construction materials receives 6 lessons. The first introduces the student to the material including its common uses and terms, the next four chapters cover design techniques, and the last chapter focuses on implementing these design techniques in real-world settings.
Lesson 2. Structural Steel – AISC Design Philosophy.
Lesson 3. Steel Tension Members – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 4. Steel Compression Members – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 5. Steel Beams – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 6. Structural Steel in Construction – Plans, Shop Drawings and Fabrication.
Lesson 7. Reinforced Concrete – The Material and its Properties.
Lesson 8. Reinforced Concrete – Design Philosophy.
Lesson 9. Reinforced Concrete Beams – Bending Design and Behavior.
Lesson 10. Reinforced Concrete Beams – Shear Behavior and Development Length.
Lesson 11. Reinforced Concrete Columns –Design and Behavior.
Lesson 12. Reinforced Concrete in Construction – Plans, Rebar Fabrication, and Estimating Fundamentals.
Lesson 13. Wood – The Material and its Properties.
Lesson 14. Wood – NDS Design Philosophy.
Lesson 15. Wood Beams – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 16. Wood Columns – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 17. Wood Fasteners – Design and Behavior.
Lesson 18. Wood in Construction – Plans and Planning for Construction.