Request for consultation
CONTEMPORARY MARKETING, Seventeenth Edition, is the proven, premier teaching and learning resource for foundational marketing courses. The authors provide thorough coverage of essential marketing principles, exploring all components of the marketing mix, and providing practical guidance to help students prepare for successful marketing careers. This trusted text continues to grow stronger with each groundbreaking new edition, preserving what has made previous editions perennial best-sellers, while adding innovative new features and up-to-date information on current trends, topics, research, and best practices in this ever-evolving field. Because it is so technologically advanced, student-friendly, instructor-supported, and more relevant than ever, CONTEMPORARY MARKETING, Seventeenth Edition, remains in a class by itself.
- Every chapter features updated statistics, figures, tables, and end-of-chapter material, providing readers with the most current, accurate, and relevant material available.
- Updated chapter 10 on marketing research explores the new and evolving uses of big data in this field.
- Feature boxes throughout the text have been updated with new and revised information, ensuring that material related to Career Readiness, Marketing Success, and Ethics is always timely and relevant for today's marketing professionals.
- Ten of the text's chapter-opening vignettes are brand-new for the Seventeenth Edition, while the remaining nine 'Evolution of a Brand' vignettes have been reviewed and updated for the current edition.
- Extensive new and updated end-of-chapter material is designed to help students review key concepts, assess their learning, and deepen their understanding; highlights include 10 new cases, nine updated cases, and 26 updated video cases.
- Each chapter contains a Career Readiness feature exploring practical considerations for professional success, such as business etiquette and communication, business dinners, and building strong customer relationships.
- Self-quizzes to conclude each chapter and Assessment Checks at the end of each text section allow students to quickly evaluate their learning and identify any areas in need of further reinforcement.
- The text is supported by a full suite of teaching and learning supplements, including a Test Bank with more than 4,000 questions categorized by objective, difficulty level, Bloom's taxonomy, and AACSB and Rubin/Dierdorff requirements; an updated Instructor's Manual with detailed lecture outlines, collaborative learning exercises, answers to end-of-chapter questions, and a media guide; and PowerPoint® presentations.
- An online suite of student assessment solutions is available to help enhance understanding of course material and give instructors the ability to manage classes, organize assignments, and track student progress using a variety of platforms.
Part I: DESIGNING CUSTOMER-ORIENTED MARKETING STRATEGIES.
1. Marketing: The Art and Science of Satisfying Customers.
2. Strategic Planning in Contemporary Marketing.
3. The Marketing Environment, Ethics, and Social Responsibility.
4. Social Media: Living in the Connected World.
5. E-Business: Managing the Customer Experience.
Part II: UNDERSTANDING BUYERS AND MARKETS.
6. Consumer Behavior.
7. Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing.
8. Global Marketing.
Part III: TARGET MARKET SELECTION.
9. Market Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
10. Marketing Research in the Era of Big Data.
11. Relationship Marketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Part IV: PRODUCT DECISIONS.
12. Product and Service Strategies.
13. Developing and Managing Brand and Product Categories.
Part V: DISTRIBUTION DECISIONS.
14. Marketing Channels and Supply Chain Management.
15. Retailers, Wholesalers, and Direct Marketers.
Part VI: PROMOTIONAL DECISIONS.
16. Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, and Public Relations.
17. Personal Selling and Sales Promotion.
Part VII: PRICING DECISIONS.
18. Pricing Concepts.
19. Pricing Strategies.
Appendix A: Developing an Effective Marketing Plan.
Appendix B: Financial Analysis in Marketing.
Appendix: Your Career in Marketing.
Name & Company Index.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The text website includes valuable key instructor supplements: Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, and Basic and Expanded PowerPoint.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: Author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want!