Request for consultation
CONTEMPORARY MARKETING has proven edition-to-edition to be the premier teaching and learning solution for the Principles of Marketing course. This bestseller only grows stronger with each groundbreaking new edition, building on past milestones with exciting new innovations. The all-new 2013 UPDATE continues the Boone and Kurtz tradition of delivering the most technologically advanced, student-friendly, instructor-supported text available. Current, relevant, and cutting-edge, CONTEMPORARY MARKETING truly remains in a class by itself.
- NEW! CONTEMPORARY MARKETING 2013 UPDATE includes extensive coverage of sustainability and green marketing. Throughout the text, opening vignettes, boxed features, cases, and references designated by an eye-catching sustainability icon discuss how the trend toward sustainability has affected the world of marketing.
- NEW! There is a greater emphasis on social and new media with examples throughout the text to discuss and analyze the impact of social and new media in marketing.
- NEW! All new Opening Vignettes and "Evolution of a Brand" features give readers an in-depth look at the success stories of brands that have effectively maintained their coveted position as market leaders over the course of time.
- NEW! New photographs and advertisements throughout the text add currency, interest, and concept reinforcement, making the new edition even more effective for visual learners and today's media-savvy students.
- Marketing CourseMate brings course concepts to life with a simple and elegant interactive supplement that allows students to learn interactively, study and prepare for exams. Marketing CourseMate also includes an integrated e-book, interactive teaching and learning tools including quizzes, interactive flashcards, video case and interactive simulation homework assignments, and more. Marketing CourseMate also will provide adopting instructors with access to an "Engagement Tracker" that provides insights into student's progress and comprehension of the material through Marketing CourseMate.
- Outstanding online student resources are available through the WebTutor and CengageNOW platforms that also integrate with the Blackboard, WebCT, and other classroom learning management systems. Students have access to interactive teaching and learning tools including quizzes, interactive flashcards, video case and interactive simulation homework assignments, and more. Instructors have access to the teaching resources in a format compatible with their campus LMS. Contact your local representative to design the best option for you and your students.
- Greensburg, Inc. is a series of videos describing the rebuilding of Greensburg, Kansas, as a model green community following a tornado. The videos include case segments with critical-thinking questions designed to provoke classroom discussion and interaction.
- End-of-chapter video cases focus on the processes, strategies, and procedures of successful real-world companies in order to bring key concepts from the chapter to life for students. Highly effective end-of-chapter self-quizzes called "Assurance of Learning Review" include questions designed to quickly assess students' understanding of key concepts.
- Each chapter contains a "Career Readiness" (formerly titled "Etiquette Tips for Marketing Professionals") feature addressing important aspects of proper business etiquette, including communication, business dinners, and even the most effective way to build strong customer relationships.
- The text is supported by a full suite of teaching and learning supplements, including a Test Bank with more than 4,000 questions categorized by chapter objective, difficulty level, question type, and AACSB and Rubin/Dierdorff requirements; an updated Instructor's Manual with detailed lecture outlines, collaborative learning exercises, answers to end-of-chapter questions, and a media guide; and PowerPoint® presentations.
- A completely revised online student assessment suite of solutions are available to help enhance student understanding of the material and give the instructor the ability to manage classes and assignments, and to track student progress through a variety of platforms.
1. Marketing: The Art and Science of Satisfying Customers.
2. Strategic Planning in Contemporary Marketing.
3. The Marketing Environment, Ethics, and Social Responsibility.
4. E-Business: Managing the Customer Experience.
Part II: UNDERSTANDING BUYERS AND MARKETS.
5. Consumer Behavior.
6. Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing.
7. Global Marketing.
Part III: TARGET MARKET SELECTION.
8. Marketing Research and Sales Forecasting.
9. Marketing Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning.
10. Relationship Marketing and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Part IV: PRODUCT DECISIONS.
11. Product and Service Strategies.
12. Developing and Managing Brand and Product Categories.
Part V: DISTRIBUTION DECISIONS.
13. Marketing Channels and Supply Chain Management.
14. Retailers, Wholesalers, and Direct Marketers.
Part VI: PROMOTIONAL DECISIONS.
15. Integrated Marketing Communications.
16. Advertising and Public Relations.
17. Personal Selling and Sales Promotion.
Part VII: PRICING DECISIONS.
18. Pricing Concepts.
19. Pricing Strategies.
Appendix A: Your Career in Marketing.
Appendix B: Developing an Effective Marketing Plan.
Appendix C: Financial Analysis in Marketing.
Name and Company Index.
"Best text on the market."
"I think they [the video cases] are great especially for the online students as it gives them a visual and questions to answer and submit for grades. The videos are also great for classroom discussions."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The text website includes valuable key instructor supplements: Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, and Basic and Expanded PowerPoint.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: Author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom or wherever you want!