Request for consultation
Ruby is a free and powerful programming language that can be used to develop programs to meet nearly any programming challenge, including scripting, application programming and Web development. This new text teaches Ruby programming through a lively hands-on approach and a focus on game development. Students begin by learning the fundamentals of computer programming and will move on to mastering the concepts and principles involved in Ruby programming. Topics covered include formulating regular expressions, basic debugging techniques, and performing file and folder administration. For those students interested in learning how to do Web development with Ruby using Ruby on Rails, this book also provides the necessary prerequisite foundation and introduction.
- Includes coverage of fundamental computer programming concepts and critical object-oriented programming principles.
- Enables students to master script development and execution on Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX and Linux.
- Provides plenty of opportunity for practice, including quick quizzes, Reinforcement Exercises, and Discovery Project Exercises.
- Offers an introduction to the fundamentals of Ruby on Rails Web development
- Assumes no prior programming experience, but is appropriate for more advanced programmers as well.
2. Interacting with Ruby.
3. Working with Objects, Strings, and Numbers.
4. Implementing Conditional Logic.
5. Working with Loops.
6. Working with Collections of Data.
7. Working with Regular Expressions.
8. Object-Oriented Programming.
9. Systems, File, and Network Administration.
11. Ruby on Rails Web Development.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
All instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Most are also available at the Instructor Downloads section of www.cengage.com/coursetechnology, accessible to instructors with a username and password. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, the instructor resources are unique to the textbook. Items such as an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, ExamView test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files, and Solution Files are offered. Contact your sales rep for more information.