Request for consultation
The Computer Forensic Series by EC-Council provides the knowledge and skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber-criminal. The series is comprised of five books covering a broad base of topics in Computer Hacking Forensic Investigation, designed to expose the reader to the process of detecting attacks and collecting evidence in a forensically sound manner with the intent to report crime and prevent future attacks. Learners are introduced to advanced techniques in computer investigation and analysis with interest in generating potential legal evidence. In full, this and the other four books provide preparation to identify evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases as well as track the intrusive hacker's path through a client system. The series and accompanying labs help prepare the security student or professional to profile an intruder's footprint and gather all necessary information and evidence to support prosecution in a court of law. Hard Disks, File and Operating Systems provides a basic understanding of file systems, hard disks and digital media devices. Boot processes, Windows and Linux Forensics and application of password crackers are all discussed.
- -State-of-the-art tools of the forensic trade are highlighted, including software, hardware and specialized techniques.
- -Coverage of various computer forensic processes ranging from securing evidence to maintaining professional conduct.
- -Includes Case Examples throughout the chapters and Hands-On Projects to encourage the learner to problem-solve and apply their knowledge.
- -Readers investigate network traffic, wireless attacks, web attacks, DoS attacks, internet crimes, e-mail crimes, corporate espionage, copyright infringement and more!
- -Purchase of this new book includes access to the online Student Resource Center containing bonus content and tools to complete the Hands-On Projects successfully.
2. Understanding Digital Media.
3. Windows, Linux, and Macintosh Boot Processes.
4. Windows Forensics I.
5. Windows Forensics II.
6. Linux Forensics.
7. Application Password Crackers.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.