Request for consultation
The Computer Forensic Series by EC-Council provides the knowledge and skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber-criminal. The series is comprised of four books covering a broad base of topics in Computer Hacking Forensic Investigation, designed to expose the reader to the process of detecting attacks and collecting evidence in a forensically sound manner with the intent to report crime and prevent future attacks. Learners are introduced to advanced techniques in computer investigation and analysis with interest in generating potential legal evidence. In full, this and the other three books provide preparation to identify evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases as well as track the intrusive hacker’s path through a client system. The series and accompanying labs help prepare the security student or professional to profile an intruder’s footprint and gather all necessary information and evidence to support prosecution in a court of law. File and Operating Systems, Wireless Networks, and Storage provides a basic understanding of file systems, storage and digital media devices. Boot processes, Windows and Linux Forensics and application of password crackers are all discussed.
- MindTap is a personalized teaching experience with relevant assignments that guide students to analyze, apply, and improve thinking, allowing you to measure skills and outcomes with ease.
- The series maps to the current Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator certification exam number 312-49.
- Updated illustrations and screen shots offer visualization and clarification of important tools and tactics used by hackers.
- What If? cases found at the beginning of each chapter present short scenarios followed by questions that challenge the learner to arrive at a solution to the problem presented.
- Hands-On Projects encourage learners to apply the knowledge they have gained after finishing the chapter. Files for the Hands-On Projects can be found in the MindTap or on the Student Resource Center.
- State-of-the-art tools of the forensic trade are highlighted, including software, hardware and specialized techniques.
- Coverage of various computer forensic processes ranging from securing evidence to maintaining professional conduct.
- Readers investigate network traffic, wireless attacks, web attacks, DoS attacks, internet crimes, e-mail crimes, corporate espionage, copyright infringement and more!
- Free instructor resources available online, including an Instructor’s Manual, Cognero test banks, PowerPoint presentations, additional hands-on activities and labs, assessment activities, and a final exam.
2. Understanding Digital Media Devices.
3. Windows, Linux, and Macintosh Boot Processes.
4. Windows Forensics I.
5. Windows Forensics II.
6. Linux Forensics.
7. Application Password Crackers.
8. Investigating Wireless Attacks.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.