Request for consultation
COMPREHENSIVE PERINATAL AND PEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY CARE, 4E provides a detailed and updated discussion of respiratory care for newborns and children. This newly updated text is clear, consistent, and easy for your students to follow. Beginning with a comprehensive presentation of fetal development of the cardiopulmonary system, this book covers respiratory care of neonatal and pediatric patients, as well as causes and care of respiratory illnesses. A section devoted to ventilation and oxygenation includes information on new equipment. Important topics such as the care of parents and home care, are also included. COMPREHENSIVE PERINATAL AND PEDIATRIC RESPIRATORY CARE, 4E provides the theory and clinical expertise necessary to embark on a career in this specialty area and meet the challenges presented in a rapidly changing health care environment.
- Completely updated to incorporate new techniques and technologies in the respiratory field and the neonatal and pediatric patient population.
- Online Instructor Resources include Power Points, a testbank, and Instructor's Manual..
- Incorporates a fully revamped full color design.
- Includes a full eBook with note taking capabilities, book marking, highlighting, and live web links.
- Well organized beginning with a complete discussion of care of the neonatal patient; progressing to care of the pediatric patient; then addressing clinical needs including ventilation and oxygenation; followed by unique topics of transport, parental support, and home care.
- Incorporates critical thinking into each chapter to allow the reader to begin to apply concepts to real world practice.
1. Embryologic Development of the Cardiopulmonary System.
2. Assessment of Fetal Growth and Development.
3. Labor, Delivery, and Physiologic Changes after Birth.
4. Techniques of Neonatal Resuscitation and Stabilization.
5. Neonatal Assessment.
6. Respiratory Care Procedures for the Neonate.
7. Continuing Care of the Neonate.
8. Perinatal Lung Disease and Other Problems of Prematurity.
9. Causes of Persistent Perinatal Illnesses.
Unit 2. THE PEDIATRIC PATIENT.
10. Techniques of Pediatric Resuscitation and Stabilization.
11. Assessment of the Pediatric Patient.
12. Respiratory Care Procedures for the Pediatric Patient.
13. Continuing Care of the Pediatric Patient.
14. Pediatric Diseases Requiring Respiratory Care.
Unit 3. GENERAL CONCEPTS OF CLINICAL MEDICINE.
16. Assessment of Oxygenation and Ventilation.
17. Chest X-Ray Interpretation.
Unit 4. MANAGEMENT OF VENTILATION AND OXYGENATION.
18. Concepts of Mechanical Ventilation.
19. Management of the Patient Ventilator System.
20. Common Ventilators and Monitors.
21. Special Procedures and Non-conventional Ventilatory Techniques.
Unit 5. ADVANCED AND SPECIATLY CARE.
22. Perinatal Transport.
23. Home Care.
24. Care of the Parents.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero Instant Access