Request for consultation
Comprehensive Medical Terminology, 4E is an easy-to-use introduction to medical terminology that will unlock a world of knowledge for your students. Organized by body system and specialty areas of practice, this book emphasizes anatomy and physiology, pathological conditions and diagnostic techniques and procedures. The study of word parts is integrated into and reinforced in every chapter to enhance student comprehension. Comprehensive Medical Terminology, 4E contains simple-to-complex definitions that will strengthen your students' ability to read and interpret medical terms in reports and charts. The accompanying interactive StudyWARE™ CD-ROM engages learners with quizzes, 3-D animations, video clips and a variety of games to build knowledge.
- NEW! The StudyWARE™ Connection feature directs the students to additional learning opportunities such as practice quizzes, animations, video clips, image labeling and other interactive games included on the CD-ROM that accompanies the book.
- NEW! The Feature Walk-Through was designed to "walk you through" a feature the first time it is presented in the chapter with the goal of helping you understand how these "tools" work and how they will help you maximize your learning.
- NEW! The Review Checkpoint feature appearing after major chapter sections directs you to complete additional exercises in the workbook to assess your mastery of word building; anatomy and physiology; key medical vocabulary, pathological conditions; diagnostic techniques, treatments and procedures; and common abbreviations.
- Several new animations such as Cancer Metastasizing were added to the StudyWARE™ CD-ROM.
- Accompanied by a student workbook, illustrated flashcards and mobile downloads.
- Adds the following to Chapter 12: a discussion of the process of digestion; a discussion of capsule endoscopy, virtual colonoscopy; forty eight hour pH study; a review exercise titled, "Follow That Bite" which tracks food through the digestive tract.
- Includes new information in Chapter 18 on perinatology, supine hypotension, first test screening and chorionic villus sampling.
- Includes new information in Chapter 19 on autism.
- Adds a discussion on psychoeducation to Chapter 23.
- Includes a Word Building Rules chapter that will guide your students through the process of combining word parts to form medical terms.
- Includes a free interactive StudyWARE CD-ROM that will engage your students with quizzes, 3-D animations, and a variety of games to build knowledge.
- Includes numerous end-of-chapter exercises that provide in-depth review of the material, as well as "Do This" and "Say It" segments that will actively involve your students in the learning process.
- Contains medical scenarios that will encourage your students to synthesize information on pathological conditions and apply that knowledge to situations a health care practitioner might encounter in clinical practice.
- Includes vocabulary sections that facilitate learning term definitions, plus word part breakdowns and definitions and the Access Free Podcasts of audio and video resources allow your students to study anywhere, anytime at www.podcasts cengage.com/healthcare.
4. Whole Body Terms.
5. The Integumentary System.
6. The Skeletal System.
7. Muscles and Joints.
8. The Nervous System.
9. The Blood and Lymphatic Systems.
10. The Cardiovascular System.
11. The Respiratory System.
12. The Digestive System.
13. The Endocrine System.
14. The Special Senses.
15. The Urinary System.
16. The Male Reproductive System.
17. The Female Reproductive System.
19. Child Health.
20. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging.
21. Oncology (Cancer Medicine).
23. Mental Health.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Start right away! Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero works on any operating system or browser. No special installs or downloads needed. Create tests from school, home, the coffee shop—anywhere with Internet access. What will you find? Simplicity at every step. A desktop-inspired interface features drop-down menus and familiar, intuitive tools that take you through content creation and management with ease. Full-featured test generator. Create ideal assessments with your choice of 15 question types (including true/false, multiple choice, opinion scale/likert, and essay). Multi-language support, an equation editor and unlimited metadata help ensure your tests are complete and compliant. Cross-compatible capability. Import and export content into other systems.
The student workbook now features expanded activities for every chapter, and Review Checkpoints follow major chapter sections to direct students to complete relevant workbook exercises to assess mastery of word building; anatomy and physiology; medical vocabulary; pathological conditions; diagnostic techniques, treatments, and procedures; and common abbreviations. Question types include chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
Student Companion Website
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including chapter outlines, glossaries, flashcards, and learning objectives.
The student workbook now features expanded activities for every chapter, and Review Checkpoints follow major chapter sections to direct students to complete relevant workbook exercises to assess mastery of word building; anatomy and physiology; medical vocabulary; pathological conditions; diagnostic techniques, treatments, and procedures; and common abbreviations.