Request for consultation
Discover what it takes to create a sustainable competitive advantage in management and business today with this straightforward, powerful strategic management resource. COMPETING FOR ADVANTAGE, 3E focuses specifically on the issues most important to today's current or future practitioner. The book details the processes and tools you need to better understand and effectively contribute to your organization's strategic management process. Applied examples illustrate the latest thinking, practices, and research in strategic management today with in-depth discussions that examine critical topics such as innovation, professional service and crisis management. Access to relevant cases, a focus on the emerging issues such as ethics, and an emphasis on technology throughout prepare you for success in the fast-paced, ever-changing global economy in which today's firms compete. Take your students to a new level of understanding strategic management concepts and practices with COMPETING FOR ADVANTAGE, 3E. Straightforward, focused, and concise, this edition presents the latest strategic management research and practices, now with more in-depth discussions of the most current strategic topics in business today. Detailed real-life examples and instant access to relevant cases keep the book focused on issues most important to current or future practitioners. Crafted to meet the special needs to MBA and executive MBA students, the book details the processes and tools used in strategic analysis to create a sustainable competitive advantage. Full chapters on strategic leadership, corporate governance, and a new chapter on real options examine issues most critical in today's business environment. Comprehensive new instructor support with electric solutions help you effectively prepare a powerful course that addressed traditional and relevant emerging topics that are shaping strategic management today.
- New hot topics: innovation, professional service and crisis management.
- Improved teaching supplements with effective electronic solutions--including an enhanced text companion website, immediate access to relevant cases, and stronger videos--correlate directly with the text to save you time in preparation and assessment.
- New highlights are included for examples throughout the text for quick reference.
- Integrated coverage of business structures highlights the various organizational structures as well as the specific business level, corporate, international and cooperative strategies that are most appropriate for each structure.
- Cutting-edge topics address the latest areas of strategic management with full chapters covering strategic leadership, entrepreneurship, and corporate governance.
- Concise, straightforward text offers the flexibility and time to add your own cases and focused exercises to meet the specific needs of your course.
- Excellent figures and tables help summarize and further clarify key topics.
- Ethics, highlighted throughout the text and emphasized with special ethics questions at the end of each chapter, examine the ethical dimension of today's business decisions and management actions and offer valuable practice for students.
- Knowledge Objectives at the beginning of each chapter clearly identify the key information within the chapter and help students focus on the most critical strategic issues.
- End-of-Chapter Summaries reconnect the chapter-opening Knowledge Objectives with content students have learned and quickly highlight the chapter's most critical concepts, skills, and techniques to ensure comprehension.
1. Introduction to Strategic Management.
2. Strategic Leadership.
PART 2. STRATEGIC ANALYSIS.
3. The External Environment.
4. The Internal Organization.
PART 3. CREATING COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
5. Business-Level Strategy.
6. Competitive Rivalry and Competitive Dynamics.
7. Cooperative Strategy
8. Corporate-Level Strategy.
9. Acquisition and Restructuring Strategies.
10. International Strategy.
PART 4. MONITORING AND CREATING ENTREPRENEURIAL OPPORTUNITIES.
11. Corporate Governance.
12. Strategic Entrepreneurship.
13. Strategic Flexibility and Real Options Analysis.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Find all the resources you need at your fingertips with this all-in-one source, including the Instructor's Manual, Test Bank in Word or ExamView computerized formats, PowerPoint slides, and more. It's everything you need to simplify preparation and assessments as you create a dynamic, interactive learning environment that prepares today's and tomorrow's practitioners for success.
CourseMate with Career Transitions 2.0 Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.