Request for consultation
Part of the Wadsworth Contemporary Issues in Crime and Justice series, this text is a formative work that discusses the concepts of community within the context of justice policy and programs. This philosophy ties together a number of influential changes in the system: the success of problem solving policing, the expansion of community courts, experiments in neighborhood probation, and the influence of restorative justice. Clear and Cadora analyze how these changes in the system are a dramatic shift that illuminates how concerns for social justice merge with criminal justice innovations to provide new solutions to many system ills under the banner of Community Justice.
1. Criminal Justice and the Community.
2. The Police and Community Justice.
3. The Courts and Community Justice.
4. Corrections and Community Justice.
5. The Future of Community Justice.