Request for consultation
Designed to help students learn how to successfully use literature and other sources in writing effective papers, COMMUNICATION RESEARCH: STRATEGIES AND SOURCES, Seventh Edition, demystifies the research process by helping students master library skills, scholarly writing and the latest research technology tools. In addition, this communication research text places special emphasis on using library resources to help students effectively strategize, develop, and complete communication research. The new edition welcomes talented scholar, Paul Haridakis, as a new coauthor on the book.
- Offers updated sources and exercise questions.
- Includes boxed examples of student projects at the end of Chapters 1-8 to illustrate how students have applied chapter information successfully.
- Makes searching Internet and electronic databases easier with actual screen shots from the major search engines.
- Includes exercises and examples at the end of each chapter to help students apply the text's concepts.
- Is the only text on the market to focus on sources and strategies for selecting, refining, and researching communication topics.
- Offers a strong focus on the basics of documentary and library research, including developing and refining research questions, writing and organizing, beginning investigation of a topic, and acquiring tools that make the research process efficient.
- Includes clear descriptions of each type of communication research source available.
- Uses updated APA style throughout, and includes extensive coverage of how to cite Internet sources correctly.
1. Studying Communication.
2. Searching the Communication Literature.
3. Using Computers to Search Electronic Databases.
4. Using the Internet for Communication Research.
Part II: COMMUNICATION RESEARCH SOURCES.
5. General Sources.
6. Access Tools.
7. Communication Periodicals.
8. Information Compilations.
Part III: COMMUNICATION RESEARCH PROCESSES.
9. The Process of Communication Research.
10. Designing the Communication Research Project.
11. Preparing Research Projects.
12. Writing Research Papers.
Appendix A: APA Style Basics.
Appendix B: Glossary.