Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process, COMM2 is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price.
- Online PopComm! feature which highlights how communication concepts play out in popular culture.
- New assignments, online resources, and exercises including three Civic Engagement exercises.
- New end-of-chapter feature that highlights digital tools.
- Chapter In Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Quizzes, audio downloads, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
- Communication Skill boxes provide a step-by-step guide for each of the communication skills and provide an immediate opportunity for students to practice the skills.
- Conversation and Analysis communication scenarios offer print and video exemplars of important concepts.
- The principles of effective speech-making are organized into five Speech Plan Action Steps to guide students through an orderly process that results in better speeches.
- An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Diverse Voices articles give voice to the communication experiences of people from a wide range of social and cultural backgrounds.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
1. Communication Perspectives.
2. Perception of Self and Others.
3. Communicating Verbally.
4. Communicating through Nonverbal Behaviors.
5. Listening and Responding.
6. Communicating across Cultures.
7. Understanding Interpersonal Relationships.
8. Communication Skills in Interpersonal Relationships: Providing Emotional Support, Managing Privacy, and Negotiating Conflict.
PART III: GROUP COMMUNICATION.
9. Communicating in Groups.
10. Problem Solving in Groups.
PART IV: PUBLIC SPEAKING.
11. Developing and Researching a Speech Topic.
12. Organizing Your Speech.
13. Adapting Verbally and Visually.
14. Overcoming Speech Apprehension by Practicing Delivery.
15. Informative Speaking.
16. Persuasive Speaking.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Version for Instructor Review. This version of the textbook includes the same chapter content as the Student Version, but replaces the Chapter Review cards with Prep Cards. Perfect for the experienced instructor looking to try something new or the first-timer coming to the course fresh, Prep Cards offer additional examples, in-class activities, information on the supplements, and more to help you plan your course and enhance your lecture.