Request for consultation
A proven guide to computer-aided machining, CNC Programming: Principles and Applications has been revised to give readers the most up-to-date information on G- and M- code programming available today. This edition retains the book’s comprehensive yet concise approach, offering an overview of the entire manufacturing process, from planning through code writing and setup. is the new edition includes expanded coverage of tooling, manufacturing processes, print reading, quality control, and precision measurement. Designed to meet the needs of both beginning machinists and seasoned machinists making the transition to the abstract realm of CNC, this book is a valuable resource that will be referred to again and again.
- more than 120 new and revised illustrations explain core principles and appeal to visual learners with an increased emphasis on real-world practices and career opportunities
- short, to-the-point code examples focus attention on specific topics, while complete part programs enable new CNC programmers to integrate seemingly disjointed concepts
- AutoEditNC programming software (a specialized code editor and simulation package) is available free to readers to download for additional Fanuc-style programming practice
- prerequisites for successful NC programming - such as trigonometry, speeds and feeds, CNC control, and tooling - are explained in detail for benefit of the reader
- content is designed to complement Project Lead the Way.s course in Computer-integrated Manufacturing
1. Computer Numerical Control of Machine Tools.
2. Measurement and Quality.
3. The NC Programming Process.
4. NC Tooling and Machining Processes.
5. Tool and Workpiece set-up.
6. Programming Concepts and Job Planning.
7. Codes for Positioning and Milling.
8. Basic Codes to Control Machine Functions.
9. Hole Making Cycles.
10. Tool Radius Compensation.
11. Advanced Programming Concepts.
12. Lathe Programming.
14. Mathematics for NC Programming.
Appendix A G & M Codes Reference.
Appendix B Reference Information.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Industrial Technology CourseMate with eBook 1-Year Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.