Request for consultation
Designed for practicing Nursing Assistants and managers of Certified Nursing Assistants, the Second Edition of CNA MENTORING MADE EASY includes everything your CNA trainer needs in one easy-to-use book. Based on best practices and field-tested in hundreds of facilities, this succinct book will help train, orient, and support your new CNAs and give your veteran CNAs added status and responsibility. The second edition has been thoroughly updated to make mentoring even easier and now includes a chapter that reinforces the effectiveness of the mentoring program through a "booster session" as well as new material on mentoring and person-centered care. You don't need additional staff or a big budget to kick-off or maintain a CNA mentoring program. If your facility invests the time and energy, this program will help you reduce your facility's CNA turnover, save you money, and build a more devoted staff.
- The second edition includes a new chapter that reinforces the effectiveness of the mentoring program through a "booster session." This new section will include organized feedback on the mentoring program, suggestions for problem trouble, and mutual support techniques.
- New material on mentoring and person-centered care has been added, as well as a section focusing specifically on effective communication and mentoring documentation.
- This new edition will continue to offer handouts in the back of the book, but will also now include a Premium Website that host the handouts, so the materials can be more easily accessed during training sessions.
- The text has been thoroughly updated to reflect recent developments in the field.
- This compact book contains everything a facility needs to carry out a CNA peer mentoring program, including detailed lesson plans for the mentors, hand-outs, reproducible certificates and application forms.
- The handbook format makes this book friendly, easy to understand, and accessible to readers.
- The "Handouts" section of the book contains step-by-step presentation handouts that are perfect for in-service training.
What is Mentoring?
Implementing Your Mentoring Program.
Tips and Techniques for the Instructor.
Module 1. What Makes a Mentor?
Module 2. Mentor as Teacher.
Module 3. Mentor as Leader.
Module 4. Communication Skills.
Module 5. Stress Management.
Module 6. Your Job as a Mentor.
Module 7. Booster Session for Mentors.
Program Curriculum Handouts.
Appendix I: Program Forms.