Request for consultation
Short, succinct, and easy-to-read, the Second Edition of NURSING ASSISTANT'S SURVIVAL GUIDE is filled with concrete tips and illustrations designed to teach students the interpersonal skills needed for job success. Thoroughly updated to reflect recent changes in the field, this handy guide includes step-by-step information about how to handle specific problems such as managing job stress, dealing with death on the job, being a good communicator, getting along with your supervisor, relating to family members, working with aggressive residents, and balancing work and family.
- The material has been thoroughly updated to reflect changes in the CNA worklife.New material is included on relevant topics such as ways to reduce stress and person-centered care.
- A new section describes the use of positive psychology and humor in daily practice,along with other powerful tools to reduce stress.
- Simple, no-nonsense language, lighthearted illustrations, and concrete examples make this book a perfect resource to use again and again.
- Coverage of interpersonal skills needed for job success is included so that readers are well prepared to enter the workforce.
- Suggestions for "self-care" on the job, such as dealing with stress and handling work-family conflicts, are found throughout the book.
2. What do I do when … A resident dies?
3. What do I do when … I have trouble communicating?
4. What do I do when … I need to get along with my supervisor?
5. What do I do when … I need to get along with family members?
6. What do I do when … Residents are angry and aggressive?
7. What do I do when … My family and my job pull me in different directions?
8. What do I do when … I need to lift my spirits?