Request for consultation
Acne is not just an adolescent concern; problem skin can continue into adulthood. Clearing Concepts: A Guide to Acne Treatment is a science-based practical guide for treating clients of all ages who are suffering from acne and other skin problems. The text is presented in an easy-to-read format that educates as it makes concepts clear and simple to implement. Sections on "treatment" demonstrate analysis techniques and clinical hands-on treatment methods. While there is no cure, acne and other skin problems can be brought under control through diligent topical esthetic care.
- Full-color images outline typical skin problems and demonstrate treatment techniques that can be implemented immediately.
- Information is presented to teach about ingredients rather than specific products.
- Learn how to develop individualized treatments and effective, step-by-step, home-care programs.
- Information about factors that cause or irritate acne-prone skin, including diet, environment, and cosmetics, helps to develop a proactive regimen.
- A special chapter on medical treatment and referrals demonstrates how to work together with physicians in order to achieve whole, complete skincare results.
- Various case studies with before and after treatment photos help relate the content to real world examples.
2. Heredity & Hormones.
4. Environmental Factors.
5. Dietary Factors.
6. Cosmetic factors.
7. Myths & Facts.
9. Clearing Concepts.
10. Clinic Treatments.
11. Medical Referral & Treatment.
"It makes a great "refresher" for licensed professionals. For beginners/new students, it is easy to follow and understand even without prior knowledge of the subject. Contains material that is important to the esthetician, does not contain useless material that does not pertain to the topic."
"Many topics covered to help give a broad perspective for understanding how acne forms, is treated, and is cared for long term. This gives the esthetician the reference to fall back upon as s/he builds their career and helps those with acne."
"Excellent discussion on the external factors that affect breakout activity in the Environmental Factors chapter. Updated and relevant information regarding essential fatty acids in the Dietary Factors chapter. The Cosmetic Factors chapter goes into excellent detail and provides specific ingredients lists."