Request for consultation
CYBERSECURITY: THE ESSENTIAL BODY OF KNOWLEDGE provides a comprehensive, trustworthy framework of practices for assuring information security. This book is organized to help readers understand how the various roles and functions within cybersecurity practice can be combined and leveraged to produce a secure organization. In this unique book, concepts are not presented as stagnant theory; instead, the content is interwoven in a real world adventure story that runs throughout. In the story, a fictional company experiences numerous pitfalls of cyber security and the reader is immersed in the everyday practice of securing the company through various characters' efforts. This approach grabs learners' attention and assists them in visualizing the application of the content to real-world issues that they will face in their professional life. Derived from the Department of Homeland Security's Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK) for IT Security, this book is an indispensable resource dedicated to understanding the framework, roles, and competencies involved with information security.
- This content represents the authoritative, comprehensive, complete guide to the Essential Body of Knowledge competencies for IT Security.
- A running story throughout the book allows the reader to "visualize" the issues and the application of the content much better than would be typical of a conventional textbook. The case material in the book allows instructors to create realistic scenarios for professional applications.
- Information is specifically applied to conventional professional roles such as CISO, security engineer, procurement specialist and IT Compliance Officer.
- The role-based nature of the book allows the competencies to be tailored to a range of levels of students and professionals.
- Division into three sections divides the book's focus among security considerations and issues; roles and levels of cybersecurity work; and competency recommendations for those roles.
1. The Field of Cyber Security.
2. The DHS EBK Initiative.
3. Applying the EBK.
Section II: EBK ROLES AND REQUIRED CAPABILITIES.
4. The Executive role.
5. The Functional role.
6. The Corollary role.
Section II: THE 14 AREAS OF INFORMATION SECURITY.
7. Data Security.
8. Digital Forensics.
9. Enterprise Continuity.
10. Incident Management.
11. IT Security Training and Awareness.
12. IT Systems Operations and Maintenance.
13. Network and Telecommunications Security.
14. Personnel Security.
15. Physical and Environmental Security.
17. Regulatory and Standards Compliance.
18. Security Risk Management.
19. Strategic Security Management.
20. System and Application Security.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Start right away! Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero works on any operating system or browser. No special installs or downloads needed. Create tests from school, home, the coffee shop – anywhere with Internet access. What will you find? Simplicity at every step. A desktop-inspired interface features drop-down menus and familiar, intuitive tools that take you through content creation and management with ease. Full-featured test generator. Create ideal assessments with your choice of 15 question types (including true/false, multiple choice, opinion scale/likert, and essay). Multi-language support, an equation editor and unlimited metadata help ensure your tests are complete and compliant. Cross-compatible capability. Import and export content into other systems.