Request for consultation
Delivering up-to-the-minute coverage, COMPUTER SECURITY AND PENETRATION TESTING, Second Edition offers readers of all backgrounds and experience levels a well-researched and engaging introduction to the fascinating realm of network security. Spotlighting the latest threats and vulnerabilities, this cutting-edge text is packed with real-world examples that showcase today's most important and relevant security topics. It addresses how and why people attack computers and networks--equipping readers with the knowledge and techniques to successfully combat hackers. This edition also includes new emphasis on ethics and legal issues. The world of information security is changing every day – readers are provided with a clear differentiation between hacking myths and hacking facts. Straightforward in its approach, this comprehensive resource teaches the skills needed to go from hoping a system is secure to knowing that it is.
- Spotlights the latest threats and vulnerabilities discovered by the hacking community.
- All-new discussions emphasize the ethical and legal aspects of penetration testing.
- In-depth historical perspectives related to current technologies and vulnerabilities offer additional insight.
- Focuses on current threats to new technologies and removes older technologies no longer commonly used.
- Delivers a comprehensive resource providing valuable insight to readers of all levels of training and experience.
- Clear illustrations captivate readers' attention to ensure thorough understanding of key concepts.
- Tested labs enable readers to get more out of the practical, hands-on examples.
- Labs for Windows and Linux Operating Systems provide a low-stress but thorough introduction to Linux security tools.
3. Scanning Tools.
5. TCP/IP Vulnerabilities.
6. Techniques of Password Cracking.
8. Session Hijacking.
9. Hacking Network Devices.
10. Trojan Horses.
11. Denial of Service Attacks.
12. Buffer Overflows.
13. Programming Exploits.
14. Mail Vulnerabilities.
15. Web Application Vulnerabilities.
16. Windows Vulnerabilities.
17. Linux Vulnerabilities.
18. Incident Handling.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to: author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom or wherever you want. Start right away! Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero works on any operating system or browser. No special installs or downloads needed. Create tests from school, home, the coffee shop – anywhere with Internet access. What will you find? Simplicity at every step. A desktop-inspired interface features drop-down menus and familiar, intuitive tools that take you through content creation and management with ease. Full-featured test generator. Create ideal assessments with your choice of 15 question types (including true/false, multiple choice, opinion scale/likert, and essay). Multi-language support, an equation editor and unlimited metadata help ensure your tests are complete and compliant. Cross-compatible capability. Import and export content into other systems.