Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, CFIN4 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and prep cards for instructors, and a consistent online offering with CourseMate that includes the new MindTap Reader eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools including self quizzes, extra problems for practice, downloadable flash cards, quizzes and more--all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. CourseMate for CFIN4 also provides additional online resources such as material on Ethical Dilemmas, to stimulate thought-provoking class discussion. Integrative Problems pull together concepts from each chapter and allow instructors to guide students through a step-by-step process, and apply what they have learned within the chapter to solve realistic business problems.
- NEW DESIGN AND IMAGERY throughout textbook provides an engaging experience for both students and instructors as they prepare for and take the course. Visually appealing photos, figures and use of color throughout is part of the 4LTR solution that is most appealing.
- NEW TAGGING MATRICIES IN SOLUTIONS MANUAL: All end-of chapter problems have been tagged by Learning Objective, Time Estimate as well as Difficulty level to allow greater guidance in developing assessments and evaluating student progress.
- NEW AND ADDITIONAL END-OF-CHAPTER PROBLEMS: Due to instructor demand, end of chapter problems have been increased by nearly double the amount as the previous edition, allowing for more assignment and problem flexibility.
- NEW UPDATED INTEREST RATES, stock prices, and dates are updated throughout to provide the most current information needed to teach corporate finance.
- NEW MindTap READER eBook, which is more than a digital version of the textbook. It is an interactive, learning resource that was built from the ground up to create a digital reading experience based on how students assimilate information in an online environment. MindTap Reader eBook allows learners to make notes, highlight text, and even find definitions right from the page.
- NEW TAGGING MATRICES IN THE TEST BANK. The Test Bank is now clearly identified by topic, learning objective, level of difficulty, Time Estimate and Bloom's Taxonomy tags to allow greater guidance in developing assessments and evaluating student progress.
- NEW ONLINE TESTING SYSTEM: Cognero is a full-featured, online-assessment system that allows instructors to manage content, create and assign tests, deliver tests through a secure online test center, and have complete reporting functionality at your fingertips.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- This remarkable text combines all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none, including a computerized Test Bank, PowerPoint® lecture slides, a complete Instructor's Manual, and additional resources including Integrative Problems and Ethical Dilemmas that can be found in CourseMate.
- An innovative combination of content delivery both in print and online provides a core text and a wealth of comprehensive multimedia teaching and learning assets based on input from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with numerous faculty and students.
- Chapter Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
1. An Overview of Managerial Finance.
Part II: ESSENTIAL CONCEPTS IN MANAGERIAL FINANCE.
2. Analysis of Financial Statements.
3. The Financial Environment: Markets, Institutions, and Investment Banking.
4. Time Value of Money.
Part III: VALUATION--FINANCIAL ASSETS.
5. The Cost of Money (Interest Rates).
6. Bonds (Debt)--Characteristics and Valuation.
7. Stocks (Equity)--Characteristics and Valuation.
8. Risk and Rates of Return.
Part IV: VALUATION--REAL ASSETS (CAPITAL BUDGETING).
9. Capital Budgeting Techniques.
10. Project Cash Flows and Risk.
Part V: COST OF CAPITAL AND CAPITAL STRUCTURE CONCEPTS.
11. The Cost of Capital.
12. Capital Structure.
13. Distribution of Retained Earnings: Dividends and Stock Repurchases.
Part VI: WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT.
14. Working Capital Policy.
15. Managing Short-Term Assets.
16. Managing Short-Term Liabilities (Financing).
Part VII: STRATEGIC PLANNING AND FINANCING DECISIONS.
17. Financial Planning and Control.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Besley/Brigham's CFIN
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g., all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the CFIN Online product and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.