Request for consultation
VISUAL STORYTELLING: VIDEOGRAPHY AND POST PRODUCTION IN THE DIGITAL AGE SECOND EDITION combines a thorough exploration of essential storytelling concepts with detailed instruction in practical technical skills. Without limiting its focus to a particular range of equipment, applications, or technology, this engaging text covers the key concepts, aesthetics, and techniques of single-camera field production and post production, and includes real-life stories and suggestions from working professionals. The accompanying website illustrates and expands on text concepts with pedagogically sound interactive learning modules as well as the capability to download high definition video footage for editing exercises.
- The second edition has been updated to follow the advances in the industry and now includes new information about tapeless acquisition and workflow.
- Introductory Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) and digital cinema coverage has been included in the second edition.
- Pedagogical photos have been updated and revised to remain current with the industry.
- More focus on aesthetics, concepts, and techniques of visual storytelling than alternatives on the market and limits references to specific technology equipment.
- Over 200 photos and figures skillfully illustrate the concepts discussed.
- Concrete video and audio examples illustrate the fundamental techniques discussed throughout the text.
- Special features such as Story Challenges in each chapter; more than 200 unique photos and figures created specifically for this book; bolded key terms; and a thorough glossary all make the text more appealing and engaging while supporting effective learning.
- Dedicated chapters on legal concerns, the soundtrack, graphics and output provide vital, very specific guidance on key aspects of effective visual storytelling that are often neglected in other texts, making it easy to teach these essential skills and prepare students for successful work.
- A strong focus on the aesthetics, concepts, and techniques of visual storytelling, rather than any specific technology, provides a solid foundation in essential skills students can apply while using a variety of different equipment and applications, as well as developing their individual style.
- Integrated throughout the text, real-life stories from working professionals and their practical tips and suggestions help students explore and enhance their own visual storytelling work.
- An accompanying website contains interactive modules to illustrate key concepts, as well as the capability to download high definition video footage for editing exercises.
1. Visual Storytelling.
3. Legal and Ethical Issues.
PART II: SHOOT/ACQUISITION.
4. From Lighting to Electrical Energy: Creating and Storing Media.
6. Audio in the Field.
7. Lighting in the Field.
PART III: POST PRODUCTION.
8. The Aesthetics of Editing.
9. Post Production.
10. The Sound Track.
11. Graphics and Effects.