Request for consultation
Ideal for the beginning student or the experienced public relations practitioner, THIS IS PR: THE REALITIES OF PUBLIC RELATIONS, Eleventh Edition, covers the world of public relations with a strong emphasis on fundamentals such as history and research, as well as emerging issues such as technology, ethics, and the international aspects. With numerous examples, strategies, tactics, and case studies, your students will have resources they can take away from the classroom.
- Chapter inserts on PR in Practice, Ethical Perspective and Research Perspective have been included to help students understand the application of PR principles, and they have been updated or replaced where needed.
- Globalization of all content in this edition unifies the PR environment to help students better understand the practice.
- The Crisis and Credibility chapter has been expanded because crises appear to be erupting more often and with critical impact on the world's environmental, economic, political and social systems.
- Coverage of new international standards of practice is included.
- Since public and private communication adapt quickly to technological change, this edition includes coverage of the impact of emerging technology on PR.
- A thorough introduction to the PR industry, including broad coverage of PR trends with relevant and current examples; helps illustrate concepts and put them into action.
- Strong coverage of publics as opposed to "audience" encourages students to think critically about public relations.
- Integrated pedagogy highlights key themes and keeps students engaged in the content. Look for features such as "PR in Practice", "Ethical Perspective", and "Theory and Research Perspective". Learning objectives appear at the beginning of each chapter, and discussion questions and suggested websites are included at the end of all chapters.
- Thorough coverage of research includes planning, monitoring and evaluating.
- Coverage of updated trends includes discussion of increasing career opportunities in various specializations such as healthcare and technology.
- Updated coverage on the ways in which new technologies are changing PR practices includes blogging and electronic sources.
- To make connections with students, each chapter has new and updated Perspective Boxes ranging in topic from ethical issues to theory and research perspectives.
- New guidance for strategic communication and counsel in practice and education comes from the 2010 Stockholm Accords.
2. PR's Origins and Evolution.
3. Research: Planning, Processes and Techniques.
4. Publics and Public Opinion.
5. Theoretical Underpinnings for PR.
6. PR Ethics and Responsibilities.
7. PR and the Law.
8. Strategic Management in PR Practice.
9. Communication Channels and Media.
10. Tactics and Techniques: Details That Make PR Strategy Work.
12. Crisis and Credibility.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
PowerLecture with ExamView®
This one-stop lecture tool makes it easy for you to assemble, edit, publish, and present custom lectures for your course by using Microsoft® PowerPoint®. The Multimedia Manager lets you bring together text-specific lecture outlines and art, along with video and animations from the Web or your own materials -- culminating in a powerful, personalized media-enhanced presentation. In addition, the CD-ROM offers an electronic version of the Instructor Resource Manual and ExamView® software.
Online Instructor's Resource Manual
The Instructor's Manual contains resources designed to streamline and maximize the effectiveness of your course preparation. This helpful manual includes suggestions for developing a course syllabus, chapter objectives, and assessment tests. Each chapter includes a chapter outline; suggestions for class activities and discussions; supplemental readings; and true/false and multiple-choice test items. The activities provide innovative ways to present relevant concepts in each chapter; they include group projects, out-of-class assignments, role plays, lecture ideas, and audiovisual suggestions.