Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with over 250 students and faculty, CB6 is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners at a value-based price. Award-winning authors Babin and Harris cover essential topics of consumer behavior through a unique concept-driven presentation enhanced by online resources that appeal to today's students and encourage participation. New end-of-part cases highlight today's challenges, and the latest statistics on consumer behavior and contemporary examples reflect the most recent developments in business. New content demonstrates how the recent recession, green marketing, and natural disasters impact contemporary consumer behavior. Convenient chapter-by-chapter student study cards and unique Instructor Prep Cards help you easily transition to this new edition. The CB6 Enhanced CourseMate interactive online resources bring concepts to life with learning and study tools that ensure student engagement. In an unforgettable presentation focused on students' needs, CB6 brings consumer behavior to life.
- NEW CONSUMER BEHAVIOR CONTENT REMAINS RELEVANT TO TODAY'S TIMES. Open any page of CB6 and you and your students will find the most current consumer behavior statistics with engaging, contemporary examples that keep content applicable to today's business challenges and meaningful to life today. You'll find new content on the recession, green marketing, and natural disasters as they all affect consumer behavior.
- NEW COVERAGE PREPARES READERS TO MAXIMIZE TODAY'S SOCIAL NETWORKING AND SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLS. Significantly expanded coverage of social networking and social media in this edition addresses the ways consumers derive value from these activities.
- HIGHLIGHTS OF NEW EDITION CHANGES ON INSTRUCTOR PREP CARDS MAKE TRANSITION TO THIS EDITION EASY. The individual, detachable Prep Cards for each chapter, conveniently located in the back of the Instructor's Edition, outline specific content updates and changes from the previous edition to help make the transition to CB6 seamless. In addition, convenient chapter overviews and outlines, lists of terms and topics, PowerPoint® highlights, video teaching notes, and additional examples help you plan and deliver course content efficiently.
- You get all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none, including an Instructor's Manual, Test Bank, PowerPoint® slides, and case studies.
- Enhanced CourseMate! This turnkey resource now offers a practice quiz generator to help students prepare for tests. Also, a variety of NEW trackable activities provides students the opportunity to expand their knowledge with higher-level activities, while providing you easy access to data and reports on their progress and where they need more help.
- Find all the instructor tools you need on the Instructor's Resource Website. You can instantly review, edit, and copy what you need from supplements that reflect the latest changes throughout the CB6 edition, including the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, and Test Bank.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook--all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys and from interviews with nearly 250 faculty and students.
- Shorter comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Edition provide students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, audio downloads, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
1. What Is CB and Why Should I Care?
2. Value and the Consumer Behavior Framework.
Part II: INTERNAL INFLUENCES.
3. Consumer Learning Starts Here: Perception.
4. Comprehension, Memory, and Cognitive Learning.
5. Motivations and Emotion: Driving Consumer Behavior.
6. Personality, Lifestyles, and the Self-Concept.
7. Attitudes and Attitude Change.
Part III: EXTERNAL INFLUENCES.
8. Group and Interpersonal Influence.
9. Consumer Culture.
Part IV: SITUATIONS AND DECISION MAKING.
11. Consumers in Situations.
12. Decision Making I: Need Recognition and Search.
13. Decision Making II: Alternative Evaluation and Choice.
Part V: CONSUMPTION AND BEYOND.
14. Consumption to Satisfaction.
15. Consumer Relationships.
16. Consumer and Marketing Misbehavior.
"I've been using this textbook for a couple of years now, and I've found it to be an excellent textbook. The authors have done a great job--as has the publishing team. Thanks for all your outstanding work."
"CB gives a broad coverage of consumer behavior in a format that students relate to and are more apt to read before class."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the CB Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.