Request for consultation
This text addresses the growing need among students and faculty for information about the careers available in psychology at the bachelor's and graduate level. Many students taking a first course in psychology are unaware of the breadth of psychology and its many sub disciplines; this text gives them exposure to careers in each of the areas of psychology--including choices that students may never have considered. This text will help prospective and current students appreciate and evaluate their interest in pursuing a wide range of career opportunities available with a degree in psychology.
- Profiles of psychology baccalaureates in the workplace have been added throughout the text.
- New to this fourth edition is a collection of Career Profiles in which psychology alumni discuss their careers, including advantages and disadvantages to their career choice, how psychology applies to their careers, and what they would do differently.
- Updated salary and career information for the undergraduate and graduate career paths within each subdiscipline.
- The fourth edition has been reorganized to emphasize the interests of undergraduate students of psychology. Specifically, several chapters have been rewritten with the questions and needs of undergraduates in mind.
- A new chapter-ending checklist help readers evaluate their interest and aptitude for the field discussed within the chapter.
- End-of-chapter resources include suggested readings for students and a list of appropriate websites that contain detailed information on specific relevant topics.
- Salary and career information are provided for each subset of psychology.
- Sport psychology and health psychology each receive treatment in a complete chapter.
- The book is organized to emphasize the interests of undergraduate psychology students.
- Each chapter closes with a table listing recommended courses, applied experiences, and research experiences for the given subfield of psychology.
2. Careers for Students with Interests in Counseling and Clinical Psychology.
3. Careers for Students with Interests in School Psychology.
4. Careers for Students with Interests in Legal and Forensic Psychology.
5. Careers for Students with Interests in Health Psychology.
6. Careers for Students with Interests in Sport Psychology.
7. Careers for Students with Interests in Biopsychology, Cognitive Neuropsychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology.
8. Careers for Students with Interests in Industrial, Organizational, and Human Factors Psychology.
9. Careers for Students with Interests in Experimental, Cognitive, and Quantitative Psychology, and Psychometrics.
10. Careers for Students with Interests in Social and Consumer Psychology.
11. Careers for Students with Interests in Developmental Psychology.
12. Getting a Job after Graduation.
13. Graduate-level Careers in Psychology.
14. Getting into Graduate School in Psychology.