Request for consultation
Campaign Planner for Integrated Brand Communications is designed to help students prepare and present a professional campaign in conjunction with their advertising, promotion, or IMC text. Using a 10-step guide, this workbook clearly explains the process of planning and executing a successful campaign. Students have the option of working alone or in teams to complete the workbook activities. Students working in teams will be exposed to and learn about specific agency roles as they create their campaign.
- Brand New "Clients" and Companies: The new edition is up-to-date with new companies that students are familiar with and can relate to. Companies include: Monster Energy Drink, Calloway Gold Equipment, Public Broadcast System, Napster Online and new student examples based upon Toni & Guy.
- Valuable Real-Life Experience: In order to complete their campaign, students are required to profile a target market, conduct primary and secondary research, analyze the competition, develop an industry overview, evaluate the product/service, and prepare media plans, creative strategies and promotions.
- Guided Plans Book Development: Drawing on completed worksheets, students are asked to construct an end-of-term written proposal containing their recommendations for a successful campaign. Instructions on how to prepare and assemble a plans book provide students with important information needed to complete this activity.
- Perfect for Instructors!: Student team-leaders are able to collect assignments, take attendance and evaluate member participation in both small and large classes. By placing responsibility for administration of the group activity on the students, instructors are free to concentrate on advising and can avoid the cumbersome tracking activity associated with team supervision.
- Role Playing: Students have the option of working alone or in teams to complete the assignments. Students working in teams are asked to assume specific agency roles to complete their portion of the campaign.
- Theory In Action: Simulating the real-life process that agencies use to develop a campaign, the exercises contained in this workbook allow students to see how objectives translate into strategies, and how strategies are then developed into usable tactics.
- Student Resources: A tally sheet, sample surveys, and directions on how to conduct informational interviews are included to help students complete the research process.
A. Why Use the Campaign Planner.
B. How We Use the Planner.
C. Defining a Campaign.
D. Defining a Plans Book.
E. Where Do We Start?
F. Hand-Holding Stuff.
SECTION 2: WHO WE WORK FOR AND WHAT WE DO.
A. Picking A Client.
B. Choosing an Agency Role and Following the Rules.
C. Team-Building Activities.
SECTION 3: KEEPING TRACK.
A. Scheduling and Conducting Agency Meetings.
B. Meeting Rosters.
SECTION 4: LET'S GET GOING.
A. Planning Activities.
B. Execution Activities.
SECTION 5: HELPFUL HINTS AND XTRA CREDIT.
A. Research Tips.
B. Execution Tips.
C. Presentation Tips.
D. Information Interview.
E. Reading Assignment.
SECTION 6: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER.
A. Assembling the Plans Book.
B. Student Campaign -- Bed Head Boutique.