Request for consultation
Designed specifically for business, economics, or life/social sciences majors, CALCULUS: AN APPLIED APPROACH, BRIEF, Tenth Edition, motivates students while fostering understanding and mastery. The book emphasizes integrated and engaging applications that show students the real-world relevance of topics and concepts. Applied problems drawn from government sources, industry, current events, and other disciplines provide well-rounded examples and appeal to students' diverse interests. The Tenth Edition builds upon its applications emphasis through updated exercises and relevant examples. Pedagogical features--from algebra review to study tips--continue to provide extra guidance and practice. In addition, the new edition is now supported by two strong optional digital learning solutions, Enhanced WebAssign and MindTap® Math, and stepped-out solution videos with instruction are available at CalcView.com for selected exercises throughout the text.
- New! Data Download: For selected real-life data sets or lists with more than six data points, pre-populated spreadsheets are now available at LarsonBriefCalculus.com. The text includes icons that designate tables and/or lists for which data sets may be accessed.
- NEW TECHNOLOGY. MindTap® Math for CALCULUS: AN APPLIED APPROACH, BRIEF is the all-in-one digital learning solution built with input from today’s students and instructors to enhance the learning experience. Complete with a modern design, student diagnostic and improvement plan, end-of-chapter exercises, automatically-graded algorithmic questions with just-in-time homework help and immediate feedback, MindTap helps instructors reduce distraction and keep students focused and engaged in learning course concepts.
- New! Stepped-out solution videos with instruction are available at CalcView.com for selected exercises throughout the text. The selected textbook exercises have a QR code next to the exercise number for easy access via smart phone.
- New! A new website, LarsonBriefCalculus.com, developed by Ron Larson, offers students free access to multiple tools and resources. Your students can take a diagnostic test, watch lesson videos, download data sets, and much more.
- A wide variety of relevant examples--each of which is titled for easy reference--includes solutions presented graphically, analytically, and/or numerically to provide further insight into mathematical concepts. Examples that illustrate real-life situations are identified with an icon.
- ENHANCED WEBASSIGN: CALCULUS: AN APPLIED APPROACH, BRIEF, 10th Edition, is fully supported by Enhanced WebAssign (EWA), the powerful online homework and course management system that engages students in learning the math. EWA includes new end-of-chapter exercises and pre-built assignments vetted by trusted subject matter experts along with robust course, section, assignment, and question settings and online testing to help instructors foster a deeper understanding of course concepts.
- Every section begins with a list of objectives that highlights the learning outcomes of that section and provides instructors with a tool for lesson planning.
- For instructors who wish to incorporate technology, optional Tech Tutor boxes provide guidance on using technology to ease lengthy calculations, present a graphical solution, or discuss where using technology can lead to misleading or wrong solutions. In addition, exercises requiring technology are identified with a graphing calculator icon.
- A Summarize feature guides students in creating section-level concept summaries-- helping them process and organize key concepts while providing a valuable study tool.
- How Do You See It? exercises ask students to draw conclusions about information presented visually. Requiring little or no calculation, these exercises check students’ conceptual understanding of key concepts.
- The CalcChat.com website provides tutorial help and worked-out solutions to the odd-numbered exercises in the text.
3. Applications of the Derivative.
4. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
5. Integration and Its Applications.
6. Techniques of Integration.
7. Functions of Several Variables.
8. Trigonometric Functions.
9. Probability and Calculus.
10. Series and Taylor Polynomials.
11. Differential Equations.
Appendix A. Precalculus Review.
The Real Number Line and Order. Absolute Value of a Real Number. Exponents and Radicals. Factoring Polynomials. Fractions and Rationalization.
Appendix B. Alternative Introduction to the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
Appendix C. Formulas.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Edition for Calculus: An Applied Approach, 10e
Instructor Sample/Review copy of Calculus: An Applied Approach, 10e.