Request for consultation
Find exactly what you need to introduce your students to the fundamentals of programming logic with Farrell's direct, efficient JUST ENOUGH PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN, 2E. This unique, language-independent approach to logic provides seven chapters focused on key programming and logic content in a concise format that helps readers progress through the subject matter quickly. Students study introductory concepts, structure, decision-making, looping, array manipulation, and calling methods as well as an introduction to object-oriented programming. Everyday examples and clear explanations in this edition's streamlined presentation make this a perfect choice for students with no prior programming experience. Twenty-five brief new videos from the author expand upon and clarify topics, while new Debugging Exercises and a wealth of review and programming exercises in each chapter help students hone their coding and programming skills. Use this concise approach alone or as a companion text in any programming language course.
- TWENTY-FIVE BRIEF NEW VIDEOS CLARIFY CONCEPTS. Now, you can easily download 25 concise, dynamic videos created and narrated by the text's author to clarify and expand on key concepts covered in each chapter.
- NEW AND REVISED DEBUGGING EXERCISES HELP STUDENTS HONE CODE READING AND WRITING SKILLS. Students gain valuable experience critically examining code statements for syntax and logical errors, interpreting code written by others, and observing how another programmer approaches a problem with this edition's unique new and fully revised Debugging Exercises.
- FURTHER STREAMLINED TEXT DESIGN ELIMINATES MARGIN NOTES AND ADDS MORE CLARITY. This edition offers a more direct, streamlined and concise approach without the distraction of margin notes and with improved figure call-outs that provide additional clarity.
- BOOK'S UNIQUE LANGUAGE-INDEPENDENT APPROACH PROVIDES SOLID FOUNDATION IN PROGRAMMING LOGIC. The author emphasizes modern conventions with a language-independent approach that is ideal even for students with no prior programming experience. This concise text can be used alone or in conjunction with specific language instruction in the same semester for a solid understanding of design and C++, Java, or Visual Basic.
- CLEAN, STREAMLINED PRESENTATION PRESENTS CONCEPTS EFFICIENTLY. This edition presents key programming and logic content in a direct, efficient format to help readers progress through the subject matter quickly. Memorable, yet simple examples focus directly on the concept being discussed without distracting detail.
- WEALTH OF REVIEW QUESTIONS REINFORCES CHAPTER CONCEPTS. Twenty multiple-choice Review Questions at the end of each chapter provide proven, active practice in working with each of the book's major concepts.
- NUMEROUS PROGRAMMING EXERCISES IN EVERY CHAPTER PROVIDE DIVERSE PRACTICE OPPORTUNITIES. Ten or more programming exercises at the end of each chapter provide students with experience in developing logic for large and small programs.
2. Understanding Structure.
3. Making Decisions.
6. Using Methods.
7. Object-Oriented Programming.
A. Understanding Numbering Systems and Computer Codes.
B. Two Special Structures—Case and Do-while.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Make the most of your course with a wealth of teaching aids and tips for maximizing this edition of the text. Instructor's Manual and Sample Syllabus assist you in planning and organizing an effective, engaging course. PowerPoint® Presentations outline key concepts to guide classroom presentation. ExamView™ test banks let you quickly and easily create pen and paper or online tests to gauge student comprehension. Student Data Files, including source code or other practice problem files, reinforce concepts from the text. Solutions files provide answers to selected activities.
Just Enough Java™ Programs
JUST ENOUGH JAVA™ PROGRAMS TO ACCOMPANY JUST ENOUGH PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN is specifically designed to be paired with Farrell's concise JUST ENOUGH PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN. Together, the two books provide an ideal opportunity for students who want to learn the fundamentals of programming, while gaining exposure to an actual programming language. Readers discover how real Java code functions while still learning within the context of a traditional language-independent logic and design course.
Just Enough Java™ Programs
JUST ENOUGH JAVA™ PROGRAMS TO JUST ENOUGH ACCOMPANY PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN is specifically designed to be paired with Farrell's concise JUST ENOUGH PROGRAMMING LOGIC AND DESIGN. Together, the two books provide an ideal opportunity for you to learn the fundamentals of programming, while gaining exposure to an actual programming language. You discover how real Java code functions while still learning within the strong context of a traditional language-independent logic and design course.