Request for consultation
C++ PROGRAMMING: FROM PROBLEM ANALYSIS TO PROGRAM DESIGN remains the definitive text for CS1 courses. In this new fifth edition, author D.S. Malik continues to employ his student-focused, example-based methodology to teach C++ Programming to introductory computing students. Changes to this edition include new debugging sections in each chapter and a multitude of new and updated exercises. All syntax is explained thoroughly and reinforced through extensive examples and diagrams. Each chapter is full of helpful self-study tools, such as complete programming examples. C++ PROGRAMMING: FROM PROBLEM ANALYSIS TO PROGRAM DESIGN, FIFTH EDITION will motivate to students to understand the "why?" behind key C++ concepts.
- Includes more than 130 new end-of-chapter exercises and 45 updated programming exercises throughout the text that offer students extensive hands-on practice.
- Adds new debugging sections to each chapter that teach students how to debug, understand, and fix syntax and logical errors.
- Includes a Complete Program Listing and programming examples that accurately outline the concrete stages of Input, Output, Problem Analysis, and Algorithm Design.
- Displays precise C++ code and comments on full-color pages.
- Illuminates difficult concepts through more than 300 visual diagrams.
- Illustrates key topics throughout every chapter with relevant code in numbered examples, each of which is followed by a Sample Run and explanation.
- Provides a separate manual of additional exercises and labs that correlate directly to the text.
2. Basic Elements of C++.
4. Control Structures I (Selection).
5. Control Structures II (Repetition).
6. User-Defined Function I.
7. User-Defined Functions II.
8. Namespaces, the class string, and User-Defined Simple Data Types.
10. Applications of Arrays and the class vector.
12. Classes and Data Abstraction.
13. Inheritance and Composition.
14. Pointers, Classes, and Virtual Functions.
15. Operator Overloading.
16. Exception Handling.
18. Linked Lists.
19. Stacks and Queues.
Appendix A. Reserved Words.
Appendix B. Operator Precedence.
Appendix C. Character Sets.
Appendix D. Operators Overloading.
Appendix E. Additional C++ Topics.
Appendix F. Header Files.
Appendix G. Memory Size on a System and Random Number Generators.
Appendix H. Problem Solving Using Object-Oriented Methodology.
Appendix I. Standard Template Library.
Appendix J. Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource CD-ROM
All instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Most are also available at the Instructor Downloads section of www.cengage.com/coursetechnology, accessible to instructors with a username and password. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, the instructor resources are unique to the textbook. Items such as an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, ExamView test bank, Syllabi, Student Data Files, and Solution Files are offered. Contact your sales rep for more information.