Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, BUSN 8 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with Enhanced CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes.
- New feature boxes in all chapters.
- Updated financial numbers and statistics related to introductory business topics--domestically and globally.
- Updated exhibits/figures throughout the text.
- Updated and relevant photos throughout the text.
- Enhanced CourseMate features: Practice Quizzes, Trackable Activities--Drag and Drop, Fill-in-the-blank, and Media Quizzes.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with Enhanced CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, audio downloads, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
- All of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none including a robust instructor's manual, PowerPoint slides, test banks, and much more.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (Enhanced CourseMate), and an eBook all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
1. Business Now: Change is the Only Constant.
2. Economics: The Framework of Business.
3. The World Marketplace: Business Without Borders.
4. Business Ethics & Social Responsibility: Doing Well by Doing Good.
5. Business Communication: Creating & Delivering Messages That Matter.
Part II: CREATING A BUSINESS.
6. Business Formation: Choosing the Form that Fits.
7. Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Economic Rocket Fuel.
Part III: FINANCING A BUSINESS.
8. Accounting: Decision Making By the Numbers.
9. Finance: Acquiring & Using Funds to Maximize Value.
10. Securities Markets: Trading Financial Resources.
Part IV: MARKETING A BUSINESS.
11. Marketing: Building Profitable Customer Connections.
12. Product and Promotion: Creating and Communicating Value.
13. Distribution and Pricing: Right Product, Right Person, Right Place, Right Price.
Part V: MANAGING A BUSINESS.
14. Management, Motivation, and Leadership: Bringing Business to Life.
15. HRM: Building a Top Quality Workforce.
16. Managing Information & Technology: Finding New Ways to Learn and Link.
17. OM: Putting it All Together.
"The graphics and layout of the chapter was very eye catching making it something that you would want to read." This quote is in reference to Chapter 3, "The World Marketplace: Business Without Borders."
"Overall very good coverage of the chapter concepts. Exhibits are very good and help students conceptualize numbers." This quote is in reference to Chapter 9, "Finance: Acquiring & Using Funds to Maximize Value."
"I like the explanation and presentation of financial statements. I also like that the key definitions are off to the side of the visuals." The quote is in reference to Chapter 8, "Accounting: Decision Making by the Numbers."
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the BUSN Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.