Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with over 2,000 students and faculty, BUSN is an engaging and accessible solution to accommodate the diverse lifestyles of today's learners. BUSN delivers all the topics found in lengthy Introduction to Business texts, but provides this content in a streamlined, riveting, less cluttered design that captivates students and saves you valuable time with powerful integrated resources. Written by experienced business instructors in touch with the needs of today's instructors and students, this edition provides a more student-focused, less linear, proven learning model. It addresses all core Introduction to Business topics in only 17 succinct chapters, including a unique chapter on business communication. Students stay on top of the timeliest developments with the book's well-balanced presentation and wealth of supplements, including Enhanced CourseMate, an interactive teaching and learning solution. All supplements are tightly integrated with the seventh edition of BUSN to ensure that students master critical communication skills and chapter concepts. Keep all students motivated and excited about business today, no matter what their major, with the powerful, unique approach and resources found in BUSN.
- New box features and exhibits throughout the text highlight up-to-date business examples in leading companies and provide a real-world understanding of today's business environment. Open any page of BUSN and you will find the most current business statistics, timely quotes, contemporary fun facts, and new examples that make content relevant to today and to the challenges your students will face in today's business world.
- New Career content at the end of each chapter spotlights the careers in virtually all fields of business in the highest growth areas. Students can make the connection from the business content they are learning to the related business career paths available to them.
- New video cases tie all chapter content to real-world companies. In addition to new videos, all of the supplements have been revised to reflect the new material in BUSN.
- All of the content and resources you expect with a new supplements package that is second-to-none, including CourseMate, reinforces skills and promotes mastery of business concepts: The book's interactive website provides time-saving resources available for download with password protection. The resourceful website also reinforces concepts with learning tools such as an interactive eBook, quizzes to help students study and prepare for exams, learning games, flashcards of key terms, and additional content that extends the text material. A database for instructors helps you further develop lectures.
- All of the content and resources you expect include a supplements package that is second-to-none, including PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, and an Instructor's Manual.
- Enhanced CourseMate! This turnkey resource now offers a practice quiz generator to help students prepare for tests. Also, a variety of NEW trackable activities provides students the opportunity to expand their knowledge with higher-level activities, while providing you easy access to data and reports on their progress and where they need more help.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook--all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys and from interviews with nearly 2,000 faculty and students.
- Shorter comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-out review cards at the back of the student edition gives students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor prep cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, audio downloads, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
1. Business Now: Change Is the Only Constant.
2. Economics: The Framework of Business.
3. The World Marketplace: Business Without Borders.
4. Business Ethics & Social Responsibility: Doing Well by Doing Good.
5. Business Communication: Creating & Delivering Messages That Matter.
Part II: CREATING A BUSINESS.
6. Business Formation: Choosing the Form That Fits.
7. Small Business & Entrepreneurship: Economic Rocket Fuel.
Part III: FINANCING A BUSINESS.
8. Accounting: Decision Making by the Numbers.
9. Finance: Acquiring & Using Funds to Maximize Value.
10. Securities Markets: Trading Financial Resources.
Part IV: MARKETING A BUSINESS.
11. Marketing: Building Profitable Customer Connections.
12. Product and Promotion: Creating and Communicating Value.
13. Distribution and Pricing: Right Product, Right Person, Right Place, Right Price.
Part V: MANAGING A BUSINESS.
14. Management, Motivation, and Leadership: Bringing Business to Life.
15. HRM: Building a Top-Quality Workforce.
16. Managing Information & Technology: Finding New Ways to Learn and Link.
17. OM: Putting It All Together.
Personal Finance Appendix.
Labor Unions & Collective Bargaining.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor's manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom's Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the BUSN Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.