Request for consultation
Demonstrate for your students the importance of business ethics, sustainability, and stakeholder management from a strong managerial perspective with Carroll, Brown and Buchholtz’s BUSINESS AND SOCIETY: ETHICS, SUSTAINABILITY, AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT, 10E. Your students will learn how effective business decision makers can balance and protect the interests of various stakeholders, including investors, employees, consumers, the community, and the environment. Students will also discover how strong business decision-making skills are particularly important as today’s businesses continue to recover from a perilous financial period. The latest content throughout this edition helps further emphasize the social, legal, political, and ethical responsibilities of today’s businesses to both external and internal stakeholder groups. In addition, BUSINESS AND SOCIETY: ETHICS, SUSTAINABILITY, AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT, 10E is available with MindTap®, an integrated text and online learning solution that enhances understanding of course content and offers opportunities to extend learning.
- EREADER (Text)-- The MindTap Reader allows students the opportunity to make notes or highlights in-text, (which are also captured within the linked StudyHub App), view notes or highlights from their instructor, and have content read aloud to them.
- NEW AND UPDATED EXAMPLES DEMONSTRATE CONCEPTS IN ACTION IN BUSINESS TODAY. Students remember the principles they are learning throughout this edition as they view stakeholder management in actual practice.
- UPDATES TO CORPORATION GOVERNANCE KEEP THIS COVERAGE CURRENT. This edition now addresses important new topics related to corporate governance, including Say-on-Pay controversies, CEO/worker pay ratios, the increasing influence of shareholder activism and shareholder engagement.
- BOOK OFFERS STRENGTHENED FOCUS ON MANAGERIAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL ETHICS. This increased emphasis provides a greater "leadership" slant toward management.
- UPDATES AND EXPANDED DISCUSSIONS CONCENTRATE ON GLOBAL ETHICS. Students review international issues, including the Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh and corruption challenges throughout the world.
- UPDATES EMPHASIZE BUSINESS AND GOVERNMENT RELATIONSHIPS. This edition highlights new controversies regarding the Glass-Steagall Act and the advent of new business opportunities for U.S. businesses after diplomatic relations were renewed with Cuba.
- FLASHCARDS— Flashcards are pre-populated with key terms to provide a jump start on course preparation and studying, and can be used on the go.
- CHAPTER QUIZZES (Practice & Graded) -- Assess students’ basic comprehension of the reading material.
- MEDIA QUIZZES-- Videos connect the text’s concepts with current, real-world situations. The videos are viewable online and include accompanying assessment questions with immediate scoring and feedback.
- IN THE NEWS-- Author-created assessments challenge students to apply their understanding of the material to relevant YouTube videos and articles from Gale’s Business Insights.
- NEW CO-AUTHOR, DR. JILL BROWN OF BENTLEY UNIVERSITY, PROVIDES RESPECTED, TIMELY EXPERTISE TO THIS EDITION. Dr. Jill Brown, a well-known professor in the business, society and ethics area, brings a fresh perspective and valuable insights to this edition. Dr. Brown has used this book effectively in her own classroom for numerous years and offers a wealth of expertise and contributions from her own professional research.
- BOOK BALANCES STRONG COVERAGE OF ETHICS AND THE STAKEHOLDER MODEL WITH SPECIAL FOCUS ON SUSTAINABILITY. This edition focuses even more attention on one of business’s most recent, urgent mandates: sustainability. This edition’s increased emphasis on sustainability clearly reflects the interconnectivity between business and the natural, social, and financial environments, illustrating how all three must be maintained in balance to sustain current and future generations.
- INFUSION OF CURRENT RESEARCH EMPHASIZES CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT. You will find coverage of the latest developments in corporate governance and stakeholder management combined with interesting and unique online MindTap® assignments to ensure understanding. Your students will gain an appreciation for current events that are grounded in theoretical and practical frameworks.
- EXPANDED COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS THE LATEST EMERGING DEVELOPMENTS IN THE FIELD. This edition addresses developing topics, such as "Ages and Stages of CSR," "political corporate social responsibility" (PCSR), CSR greenwashing, creating shared value, and conscious capitalism.
- "ETHICS IN PRACTICE" CASES FEATURE ACTUAL ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN TODAY’S WORKPLACE. Fresh, new "Ethics in Practice" (EIP) Cases woven throughout this edition prepare future managers for business and organizational situations that will test both values and ethics. Short cases feature actual ethical conflicts companies face as well as dilemmas that former students have confronted personally in their work experiences. New and updated EIPs address current social and ethical issues in the news.
- CASES PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES TO APPLY CSR ANALYSIS, STAKEHOLDER ANALYSIS, AND ETHICAL DECISION MAKING. End-of-text cases offer new and updated coverage of relevant real-world concepts. Cases vary in length and include classic cases with ongoing impact as well as cases that feature the most recent developments. Some of the newer cases focus on challenges faced by familiar companies, such as Apple, Volkswagen, and Chipotle. A convenient Case Matrix makes it simple to incorporate cases into your course at ideal times.
- CHAPTER LEARNING OUTCOMES GUIDE STUDENTS’ FOCUS. Focused Learning Outcomes articulate learning goals for each chapter and provide a consistent structure for self-testing and review.
- CONVENIENT CASE CORRELATION GUIDE HELPS YOU SELECT THE BEST CASES FOR EACH POINT IN YOUR COURSE. This edition’s useful Case Matrix suggests appropriate chapters for incorporating each of the end-of-text cases, while still providing you with the ultimate flexibility in case usage.
- "ETHICS IN PRACTICE" CASE GUIDE ASSISTS IN MOST EFFECTIVELY INTEGRATING CASES INTO YOUR COURSE. The helpful "Ethics in Practice" Case Matrix offers at-a-glance suggestions for linking this edition’s "Ethics in Practice" Cases to particular chapters. This tool makes it simple for you to assign appropriate cases at times that will be most meaningful for your students.
- ENGAGING ONLINE RESOURCES INCLUDE MINDTAP® COURSE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. Students have the opportunity to apply real-world applications of chapter concepts through Videos and "In the News" features. Practice and Graded Quizzes help your students master key concepts for each chapter.
1. The Business and Society Relationship.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility, Citizenship, and Sustainability.
3. The Stakeholder Approach to Business, Society, and Ethics.
Part II: CORPORATE GOVERNANCE AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ISSUES.
4. Corporate Governance: Foundational Issues.
5. Strategic Management and Corporate Public Affairs.
6. Risk, Issue, and Crisis Management.
Part III: BUSINESS ETHICS AND LEADERSHIP
7. Business Ethics Essentials
8. Managerial and Organizational Ethics.
9. Business Ethics and Technology.
10. Ethical Issues in the Global Arena.
Part IV: EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDER ISSUES.
11. Business, Government, and Regulation.
12. Business Influence on Government and Public Policy.
13. Consumer Stakeholders: Information Issues
14. Consumer Stakeholders: Product and Service Issues.
15. Sustainability and the Natural Environment.
16. Business and Community Stakeholders.
Part V: INTERNAL STAKEHOLDER ISSUES.
17. Employee Stakeholders and Workplace Issues.
18. Employee Stakeholders: Privacy, Safety, and Health.
19. Employment Discrimination and Workplace Diversity
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
The Instructor’s Companion Website offers a single, convenient place for you, the instructor, to download all the teaching resources, including this edition’s Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® slide decks, and LMS versions of the test bank questions.
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.