Request for consultation
This text is used primarily in basic high school office procedures courses, workforce development programs, and courses at career schools or career centers. The text offers short units of instruction with goal-oriented skills applied in each exercise. Specific goal-oriented exercises teach and reinforce basic-level business skills needed for entry-level positions.
- Organized into units that place like exercises together: Communication, Math, General Business, Records Management, Referencing, and 21st Century Skills.
- NEW Unit 6: 21st Century SkillsLife and Career Skills--flexibility, adaptability, initiative and self-direction (manage goals and time, work independently, self-directed learning; social and cross-cultural skills; teamwork; productivity and accountability; leadership and responsibility).
- This type of organization will make units available to pull out and use as supplemental material with other texts in related core courses.
- Learning and Innovation Skills--creativity and innovation; critical thinking and problem solving; communication and collaboration.
- Information, Media, and Technology Skills--use and evaluate digital information; create media products; understanding of ethical/legal issues surrounding the access and use of digital media.
Unit II: Math Skills.
Unit III: General Business Skills.
Unit IV: Record Management Skills.
Unit V: Referencing Skills.
Unit VI: 21st Century Skills.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Manual includes teaching suggestions and answer key.