Request for consultation
Packed with current examples and engaging scenarios, BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, STANDARD EDITION, 7E has earned the stamp of approval from trial and appellate judges, working attorneys, scholars, and teachers for its full breadth of business law coverage. Extremely reader-friendly, the text is known for its lively, conversational writing style that explains complex legal topics in easy-to-understand language as it illustrates how legal concepts apply to everyday business practice. The seventh edition includes a new emphasis on the digital landscape, expanded coverage of international law, and new information on privacy issues. In addition, hands-on activities prompt students to think through business issues from a lawyer's perspective.
- Thoroughly revised and up to date, BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, STANDARD EDITION, 7E reflects the latest developments from the field.
- With a new focus on the digital landscape, the seventh edition integrates examples from social media throughout the text.
- Chapter 3, "International Law," has been completely rewritten to reflect the changes and emerging issues in this dynamic area of practice.
- Chapter 10, "Cyberlaw and Privacy," includes new information on privacy as it relates to the digital landscape.
- Integrated illustrations and application features appear in the flow of the text, making them more accessible and useful to students.
- Comprehensive, up-to-date, and authoritative, BUSINESS LAW AND THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT's standard-setting coverage has earned the stamp of approval from trial and appellate judges, working attorneys, scholars, and teachers.
- "You Be the Judge" and "Ethics Checklists" ask students to think through business issues from a lawyer's perspective, providing valuable hands-on experience applying chapter concepts to real-world business practice.
- Key terms located in the text margins help students focus on the most important concepts.
- Comprehension study tools at the end of each chapter include "Exam Review" and "Exam Strategy" features to help students check their progress and prepare efficiently for exams.
- The text's signature student-friendly writing style puts legal concepts into context using familiar real-world scenarios--helping students gain a thorough understanding of material.
1. Introduction to Law.
2. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility.
3. International Law.
4. Common Law, Statutory Law, and Administrative Law.
5. Constitutional Law.
6. Dispute Resolution.
Unit 2: TORTS.
8. Intentional Torts and Business Torts.
9. Negligence, Strict Liability, and Product Liability.
10. Cyberlaw and Privacy.
Unit 3: CONTRACTS.
11. Introduction to Contracts.
15. Capacity and Consent.
16. Written Contracts.
17. Third Parties.
18. Performance, Breach and Discharge.
20. Practical Contracts.
Unit 4: SALES.
21. Introduction to Sales.
22. Ownership, Risk and Warranties.
23. Performance and Remedies.
Unit 5: ADDITIONAL CPA TOPICS.
24. Secured Transactions.
25. Creating a Negotiable Instrument.
26. Liability for Negotiable Instruments.
27. Accountants' Liability.
Unit 6: AGENCY AND EMPLOYMENT LAW.
28. Agency Law.
29. Employment and Labor Law.
30. Employment Discrimination.
Unit 7: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS.
31. Starting a Business: LLCs and Other Options.
33. Life and Death of a Corporation.
34. Management Duties.
35. Shareholder Rights.
Unit 8: GOVERNMENT REGULATION.
37. Securities Regulation.
39. Consumer Protection.
40. Environmental Law.
Unit 9: PROPERTY.
41. Intellectual Property.
42. Real Property and Landlord Tenant.
43. Personal Property and Bailment.
44. Planning for the Future: Estates and Insurance.
Appendix A: The Constitution of the U.S.
Appendix B: The UCC.
Appendix C: Answer Key.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Expand students' understanding and streamline class preparation with the numerous instructor and student resources available on this edition's robust companion website. Easily download password-protected instructor resources, including the Solution's Manual, Test Bank, and PowerPoint® slides. Students can review concepts using PowerPoint® slides, online quizzes, and other interactive learning tools.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cognero is a flexible online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
Digital Video Library Instant Access
This dynamic online video library features over 75 video clips that spark class discussion and clarify core legal principles. Access to the video library is available as an optional package with each new student text at no additional charge. Students with used books can purchase access to the video clips online.