Request for consultation
Emphasize real-world applications and encourage students to integrate the concepts and law and ethics into their business studies with the comprehensive and practical BUSINESS: ITS LEGAL, ETHICAL, AND GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT, 11E. Students learn to think analytically about legal and ethical issues. As students explore the intersection of law, business strategy, and ethics in the text, they apply the various concepts to more than 200 real-world situations and a wealth of pedagogical features. This approach heightens students’ own sense of morality and illustrates how law and ethics apply to issues in the workplace. BUSINESS: ITS LEGAL, ETHICAL, AND GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT, 11E meets all AACSB curricular and accrediting standards and is an excellent resource for future business managers. To complement this edition, MindTap® is available online to help engage and prepare students for your course.
- UPDATED CASES INCLUDE DATES AS RECENT AS 2016. You and your students will find the very latest in judicial decisions at all levels in the state and federal systems in this edition.
- CYBERLAW IS NOW INTEGRATED INTO EACH CHAPTER. New structure throughout this edition integrates cyberlaw into related discussions throughout the book rather than isolating it to a single chapter.
- MINDTAP® OFFERS STUDENTS AN ONLINE, HIGHLY PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Built on Cengage Learning content, MindTap® combines learning tools -- such as readings, multimedia, activities, and assessments -- into a singular learning path that guides students through the course. You can personalize the experience by customizing content and learning tools. MindTap® enables you to add your own content in the learning path with apps that integrate into the MindTap® framework seamlessly with your school’s learning management systems.
- “CONSIDER…” FEATURES BUILD STUDENTS’ REASONING SKILLS. These creative features, which appear after every case, highlight key fact patterns students need to learn. Often taken from real court cases, the features help students evaluate and analyze the legal and ethical issues just discussed in the chapter, while accompanying Case Problems challenge students to think critically about the court’s decision.
- EXCERPTED CASES OFFER THE MOST THOROUGH CASE TREATMENT AVAILABLE. Carefully selected, detailed case excerpts often provide both dissenting and concurring opinions. Each two- to four-page case includes a catchy, one-line synopsis of the legal and ethical issues presented, which helps students recall the case and its primary issues when needed in class and on the job.
- CALLOUT STUDY FEATURES BRING LAW, ETHICS, AND BUSINESS TOGETHER. “Business Strategy Tip” margin notes, “Business Strategy” boxes, “From the Manager’s Desk” readings, and online exercises all offer insights into the strategic aspects of the law, and let students apply the legal and ethical principles they’re learning to real-life companies.
- END-OF-CHAPTER FEATURES INTRODUCE STUDENTS TO REAL-LIFE SITUATIONS. Students examine challenging situations from the viewpoint of the parties involved in the book’s biography. Thought-provoking essay questions in the special “…and the Law” feature now center on economics, public policy, ethics, and other areas of business interest and give students practice contemplating realistic issues.
- ETHICS ARE INTEGRATED THROUGHOUT THE BOOK’S DISCUSSION. This edition challenges your students to develop their own ethical barometer as they apply personal values to business situations. Rather than dictating a set of rules or theories, the text presents ethical dilemmas to breed moral courage and gumption in students -- helping them grow into savvy leaders who examine tough issues from every perspective.
1. Introduction to Law.
2. Business Ethics and Social Responsibility.
3. The Judicial System.
4. Managing Disputes: Alternative Dispute Resolution and Litigation Strategies.
Part II: BUSINESS: ITS REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT.
5. Business and the Constitution.
6. Administrative Law.
7. International Law.
8. Business Crime.
9. Business Torts.
10. Environmental Regulation and Sustainability.
Part III: BUSINESS: SALES, CONTRACTS, AND COMPETITION.
11. Contracts and Sales: Introduction, Formation, and Consumer Protection.
12. Contracts and Sales: Performance, Remedies, and Collection.
13. Business Marketing and Products: Ads and Product Safety.
14. Business Competition: Antitrust Law.
15. Business and Intellectual Property Law.
Part IV: BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE.
16. Management of Employee Conduct: Agency Law.
17. Governance and Structure: Forms of Doing Business.
18. Governance and Regulation: Securities Law.
19. Management of Employee Welfare.
20. Management: Employment Discrimination.
Appendix A: The United States Constitution.
Appendix B: The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (Excerpts).
Appendix C: The Uniform Commercial Code (Excerpts).
Appendix D: Dodd-Frank (Wall Street Reform and Consumer Financial Protection Act) (Excerpts).
Appendix E: The Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (Excerpts).
Appendix F: Sarbanes-Oxley Key Provisions.
Appendix G: The Copyright Act (as Amended) (Excerpts).
Appendix H: Title VII and the Civil Rights Act (Employment Provisions) (Excerpts).
Appendix I: The Americans with Disabilities Act (Excerpts).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need in one place. The Instructor’s Companion Website is the ideal, convenient place for you to download all of the teaching resources you need, including the instructor’s manual, PowerPoint® slide decks, and LMS versions of the test bank questions.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.