Request for consultation
BUSINESS FINANCE presents finance from a business point of view. This text, written specifically for high school students, covers finance fundamentals, long-term and short-term funding sources, business risk management, use of technology, and international finance. Business Finance combines fundamental concepts with a strong lesson-based instructional design, weaving in interesting real-world features, creative methods of assessment, research opportunities, financial calculations, case studies, and academic connections. Whether your course is offered at an Academy of Finance, within a Finance Career Cluster Concentration, or as part of a business curriculum, Business Finance provides you with complete coverage. The comprehensive package of print and technology resources reaches students with a variety of learning styles, skills, and educational backgrounds. Students examine the financial side of running a business, keeping records, protecting against loss, offering credit, and making strategic decisions.
- Appropriate for the National Academy Foundation's (NAF's) Academy of Finance Curriculum.
- Planning a Career In…explores career paths, needed skills, and industry opportunities for a different career in every chapter.
- Case Studies present an in-depth scenario related to the chapter content and then asks students to analyze the case using critical-thinking skills.
- Teamwork Activities offer in-class collaborative activities to prepare students to work together effectively.
- Technology Topics ask students to think critically and in some detail about the impact of technology on companies' financial operations.
- Academic Connections reinforce key academic topics covered in business finance.
- Finance Around the World investigates the variety of financial decisions that must be made when operating in or with other countries.
- A Question of Ethics takes a critical look at ethical dilemmas in the workplace and the implications of unethical behavior.
- Winning Edge activities prepare for BPA, DECA, and FBLA competitive events.
- The product specific Web site thomsonedu.com/school/busfinance contains a rich array of teaching and learning resources, such as chapter-by-chapter Web links, Web activities, electronic flashcards, and more!
2. Financial Environment of Business.
3. Financial Management Planning.
4. Maintain and Analyze Financial Records.
5. Short-Term Financial Activities.
6. Long-Term Financial Activities.
7. Finance Business Activities.
8. Financial Institutions and Banking Services.
9. Customer Credit.
10. Business Insurance.
11. Technology and Financial Management.
12. International Finance.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
The Instructor's Resource CD contains all instructor resources including PDFs of the Annotated Instructor's Edition, Instructor's Manual, Instructor's Edition of the Student Activity Guide, Spanish Glossary, Template Solutions, Test Masters, and Transparency Masters. It also contains Lesson Plans and PowerPoint® Presentations.
Use ExamView and the built-in test bank to create customized tests, scramble answers, scramble questions, test online, and add new questions.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
The Annotated Instructor's Edition contains solutions appearing on an overprint of the student pages. Teaching method instructions are also included.
Review chapter material with this supplemental Activities Workbook. Using the objective questions and activities, you can prepare for your class or review for quizzes and chapter tests.