Request for consultation
Packed with cases, exercises, simulations, and practice tests, the market-leading BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, 11th Edition, thoroughly covers the complex environment in which managers confront ethical decision-making. Using a proven managerial framework, the authors address the overall concepts, processes, and best practices associated with successful business ethics programs - - helping your students see how ethics can be integrated into key strategic business decisions. This edition has been completely revised to include coverage of new legislation affecting business ethics, the most up-to-date examples, the best practices of high-profile organizations, and 20 new or updated original cases. Available with MindTap® online teaching and learning tools for the first time, BUSINESS ETHICS: ETHICAL DECISION MAKING AND CASES, 11th Edition, gives your students an abundance of opportunities to master text material through hands-on application.
- Ethics Self-Assessments act as a guide for how in tune students are to ethical issues.
- An "Ethical Dilemma" at the opening of each chapter highlights a realistic situation and provides guided discussion questions on how the dilemma could be resolved. Chapter-ending "Resolving Ethical Business Challenges" are mini-cases that give your students an opportunity to put what they have learned into action as they use their critical-thinking skills to address realistic ethical issues.
- New simulation presents 40 business vignettes and 120 questions tied directly to the 11th edition chapters.
- Updated Check Your E.Q. (Ethics Quotient) exercises will help your students identify key concepts, initiate discussion, enhance problem-solving skills, and provide an opportunity for self-assessment.
- All 20 of the original cases in this edition are either new or have been substantially updated by the authors, as well as additional cases in the MindTap®, where faculty can modify the case selection to meet their specific course objectives.
- MindTap® is a personalized classroom management experience that promotes better outcomes with relevant assignments that guide students to analyze, apply, and improve thinking while you measure skills and outcomes with ease.
- Role-play cases in the Instructor's Resource Manual provide excellent culminating experiences for your students to integrate concepts covered in the text. Cases are also effective as ongoing exercises to provide your students with extensive opportunities for interacting and making ethical decisions.
- This market-leading text emphasizes decision-making, leadership, and strategy as it illustrates how to develop, implement, and audit an effective ethics program in a global environment.
- Ensuring your students get the most from the course, the text's rich pedagogical program includes Chapter Objectives, a Chapter Outline, a detailed Chapter Summary, and Check Your E.Q. (Ethics Quotient) exercises that help students identify key concepts, initiate discussion, enhance problem-solving skills, and provide an opportunity for self-assessment.
- The text is packed with real-world, hands-on applicationsplacing your students in the role of decision maker. An "Ethical Dilemma" at the opening of each chapter highlights a realistic situation and provides guided discussion questions on how the dilemma could be resolved. Chapter-ending "Resolving Ethical Business Challenges" are mini-cases that give your students an opportunity to put what they have learned into action as they use their critical-thinking skills to address realistic ethical issues.
1. The Importance of Business Ethics.
2. Stakeholder Relationships, Social Responsibility, and Corporate Governance.
Part II: ETHICAL ISSUES AND THE INSTITUTIONALIZATION OF BUSINESS ETHICS.
3. Emerging Business Ethics Issues.
4. The Institutionalization of Business Ethics.
Part III: THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS.
5. Ethical Decision Making and Ethical Leadership.
6. Individual Factors: Moral Philosophies and Values.
7. Organizational Factors: The Role of Ethical Culture and Relationships.
Part IV: IMPLEMENTING BUSINESS ETHICS IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY.
8. Developing an Effective Ethics Program.
9. Managing and Controlling Ethics Programs.
10. Ethical Leadership.
11. Business Ethics in a Global Economy.
12. Sustainability: Ethical and Social Responsibility Dimensions
Part V: CASES.
1. Monsanto Attempts to Balance Stakeholder Interests.
2. Starbucks' Mission: Social Responsibility and Brand Strength.
3. Walmart Manages Ethical and Compliance Challenges.
4. Managing Risks in the Oil Industry.
5. New Belgium Brewing: Ethical and Environmental Responsibility.
6. National Collegiate Athletic Association: Football Compliance.
7. Google: The Quest to Balance Privacy with Profits.
8. Zappos: Delivering Happiness to Stakeholders.
9. Enron: Questionable Accounting Leads to Collapse.
10. Home Depot Implements Stakeholder Orientation.
11. Frauds of the Century.
12. Insider Trading at the Galleon Group.
13. Whole Foods Strives to Be an Ethical Corporate Citizen.
14. Apple Inc.'s Ethical Successes and Challenges.
15. PepsiCo's Journey Toward an Ethical and Socially Responsible Culture.
16. Recreational Equipment Incorporated (REI): A Responsible Retail Cooperative.
17. Better Business Bureau: Protecting Consumers and Dealing with Organizational Ethics Challenges.
18. Managing the Risks of Bribery in Global Business.
19. Mattel Responds to Ethical Challenges.
20. Best Buy Fights Against Electronic Waste.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Instructor resource center including IM, Test Bank, and PowerPoint slides.
Engage your students by bringing real-life examples and issues into the classroom with this exclusive video program.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero®, Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.