Request for consultation
With its innovative, web-based software package, BUILDING MATH SKILLS ONLINE FOR AUTOMOTIVE - PAC SLIMLINE enables you to easily help your students develop the essential math skills needed to succeed in the automotive industry. Extremely user friendly, this interactive teaching and learning resource enables instructors to quickly assess baseline skill levels and assign personalized courses of study with lessons and problems targeted to students' individual needs and career interests. In addition to a strong focus on practical applications for real-world projects, instructional content is correlated to Common Core Standards. This versatile technology solution also supports collaboration across courses and departments, helping instructors of all backgrounds reinforce core math skills without overwhelming students or sacrificing valuable classroom time. Ideal as a programwide resource or a supplement for specific courses, this powerful new resource supports student success in the classroom-and throughout their future careers.
- An innovative web-based format makes it easy for students and instructors alike to use this interactive teaching and learning tool within and beyond the classroom.
- The program's sophisticated diagnostic tests allow instructors to quickly and accurately assess student skill levels to establish baseline general math knowledge, evaluate specific skill sets, or focus on concepts and applications relevant to a specific lesson and course.
- Based on students' individual abilities and interests, instructors can quickly assign personalized, self-directed courses of study with lessons and problems targeting specific areas to reinforce-freeing up valuable classroom time.
- In addition to providing effective instruction in fundamental math concepts and operations, the software strongly emphasizes practical, real-world applications-making the material relevant and engaging for students preparing for careers in the automotive industry.
- Instructional content was developed based on key government and industry standards and research, including certification requirements by national professional groups, Common Core Standards by state-level curriculum consortia, guidelines from National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS), and Department of Education requirements for Perkins 4 funding.
- An ideal resource for applied and technical math courses or supplement for courses on trades, the software allows instructors to easily integrate relevant math concepts as well as collaborate with colleagues in other areas without sacrificing classroom time or instructional focus.