Request for consultation
Designed as a quick reference for students and medical office staff, BREAKING THE LANGUAGE BARRIER: SPANISH TERMS AND PHRASES FOR MEDICAL PERSONNEL provides key medical terminology that makes it easier to communicate with the Spanish-speaking patient. This is more than an English-Spanish translation dictionary, content includes bilingual information for greeting and scheduling, patient registration, intake and examinations, insurance and billing, referrals, protected health information, infection control, durable medical equipment, lab tests and special procedures, and health education—all in a convenient guide that can fit in a pocket! Full-color anatomical illustrations, labeled in Spanish and English, serve as a handy reference to help patients communicate their needs and concerns. Chapters open with an alphabetical list of common medical terms in English accompanied by Spanish translations. The chapters then address topic-related questions and phrases most commonly experienced by medical personnel when communicating with the patient. Color-coded tabs identify the four main units of the guide for quick and easy access.
- Color-coded tabs and chapters promote quicker access to terms and phrases and easy application of the Spanish language when communicating
- Full-color anatomical illustrations, labeled in Spanish and English, serve as a handy reference to help patients communicate their needs and concerns.
- Chapter-related lists of terms by nouns and verbs, as well as common questions and phrases, provide fast look-up when communicating with the patient.
- Translated samples of common medical forms provide valuable information in the medical setting by allowing medical personnel to explain the documents to the Spanish-speaking patient with confidence.
- Students and medical office staff alike can use this pocket-sized guide on a daily basis to make communication with the Spanish-speaking patient easier.
How to Use This Handbook.
Basic Spanish Skills.
Part II: KEY MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY.
1. Medical Terminology of the Body Systems.
2. Anatomical Body Parts and Pain Scale.
3. Chief Complaints and Common Diagnoses.
Part III: FRONT OFFICE.
4. Greeting and Scheduling the Patient.
5. Patient Registration.
6. Insurance and Billing.
8. Protected Health Information.
Part IV: BACK OFFICE.
9. Vital Signs, Body Measurements, and Patient Intake.
10. In the Examination Room.
11. Infection Control.
12. Administration of Basic Treatments and Therapies with Medical Equipment and Supplies.
13. Laboratory Tests
14. Special Procedures and Diagnostic Studies.
15. Diet and Medication Education.
Index: English to Spanish.
Index: Spanish to English.