Request for consultation
Clear, concise, and current, BODY STRUCTURES AND FUNCTION, 13E provides a thorough introduction to the basics required for the study of the human body and how it functions. This book walks students step by step from a general introduction to life functions, the terminology, and phonetic pronunciations used to describe body parts and their locations, to an overall review of human development and body processes. Figures and tables provide a good visual illustration to make difficult material easier to understand. A new Media link feature directs students to 3D anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology. The One Body feature describes the interrelationship between all body systems. Career Profiles give students insight into growing health care professions. In addition, diseases and disorders are integrated within each body system chapter to link physiology with anatomy. Throughout the text, highlights and features that emphasize clinical applications make learning fun and engaging.
- Revised and completely up to date, BODY STRUCTURES AND FUNCTIONS, 13E features the latest research and practices from the field.
- Updated information in the Medical Highlights features focuses on emerging disease processes and cutting-edge treatments.
- An all-new media link feature directs students to 3D anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology animations that bring difficult concepts to life.
- An entire chapter devoted to Infection Control and Standard Precautions emphasizes the importance of maintaining health and safety in the health care work environment as well as highlights the latest practices and protocols.
- Career Profiles give students an up close view into today's most promising health care careers. Describing an assortment of health and medical professions, the profiles offer detailed information into the role of each professional -- equipping students with valuable insight as they begin planning their own career paths.
- Did You Know boxes feature fun, interesting trivia-like facts to engage your students, while Medical Highlights provide the latest information on diseases, treatment, and health care issues.
- Effects of Aging boxes highlight body system changes that occur as people age.
- Helping students review what they have learned as well as sharpen their critical thinking skills, end-of-chapter Applying Theory to Practice questions and Case Studies simulate experiences from real-life health care settings -- enabling students to put chapter concepts into action.
- Lab Activities bring an interactive dimension to learning, and the accompanying student workbook offers additional practice through interactive quizzes and fun activities that correlate with each chapter in the book.
2. Chemistry of Living Things.
4. Tissues and Membranes.
5. Integumentary System.
6. Skeletal System.
7. Muscular System.
8. Central Nervous System.
9. Peripheral and Autonomic Nervous System.
10. Special Senses.
11. Endocrine System.
14. Circulation and Blood Vessels.
15. The Lymphatic System and Immunity.
16. Infection Control and Standard Precautions.
17. Respiratory System.
18. Digestive System.
20. Urinary/Excretory System.
21. Reproductive System.
22. Genetics and Genetically Linked Diseases.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Student Companion Web Site
This website provides a variety of resources to help students review for class, including lecture slides and animations.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
The student workbook is design to help your students retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
The student workbook is design to help you retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions; key-term definition queries; and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.