Request for consultation
Strike the perfect balance between level of detail and accessibility! Written for a one-semester, non-Biology majors course, BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW WITHOUT PHYSIOLOGY is packed with applications that are relevant to a student's daily life. The clear, straightforward writing style, in-text learning support, and trendsetting art engage students and help them understand key concepts. The accompanying MindTap for Biology is the most engaging and easiest to customize online solution in Biology. Overall, this accessible introduction helps students develop an understanding of biology and the process of science while building the critical-thinking skills they need to become responsible citizens of the world.
- You know what's best for your students and you can deliver it with MindTap! The clear and engaging learning path includes student learning tools—readings, activities, videos, assessments, and a new Digital Study Guide—and guides students through their course. Instructors easily set their course by customizing the learning path and adding their favorite resources. The conceptual exercises in the Aplia problem sets elevate student thinking and promote better outcomes.
- New content in the narrative and chapter introductory essays focuses on real-world applications, engaging students and getting them involved in the material.
- A new "Remember" feature helps students make connections to earlier concepts.
- New end-of-chapter Visual Questions give students an opportunity to analyze graphic data and illustrations.
- New and improved illustrations and fresh, striking photographs clarify key concepts and processes.
- "Digging into Data" exercises ask students to analyze data and apply it to topical questions.
- Eye-catching, chapter-opening art highlights each chapter's big picture topic and also appears within the chapter as an example. The visually appealing and accurate art program helps visual learners with step-by-step art, "Figure It Out" images, and animated figures.
- Chapter 5, Capturing and Releasing Energy, combines the coverage of Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration to reveal these key concepts more completely and easily.
- The authors' clear, accessible writing style engages students and makes the material accessible without glossing over the science—even with the most formidable topics.
- Chapter-opening sections motivate students by exploring a current event or controversy directly related to the chapter's content.
- Section-ending "Take-Home Messages" help students grasp key concepts.
- An on-page glossary provides students with immediate help with the language of Biology and aids reading comprehension.
UNIT 1: HOW CELLS WORK.
2. Molecules of Life.
3. Cell Structure.
4. Energy and Metabolism.
5. Capturing and Releasing Energy.
UNIT 2: GENETICS.
6. DNA Structure and Function.
7. Gene Expression and Control.
8. How Cells Reproduce.
9. Patterns of Inheritance.
UNIT 3: EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY.
11. Evidence of Evolution.
12. Processes of Evolution.
13. Early Life Forms and the Viruses.
14. Plants and Fungi.
15. Animal Evolution.
UNIT 4: ECOLOGY
16. Population Ecology.
17. Communities and Ecosystems.
18. The Biosphere and Human Effects.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.