Request for consultation
Engage your students and strike the perfect balance between level of detail and accessibility! Written for a one-semester, non-Biology majors course, BIOLOGY TODAY AND TOMORROW is packed with applications that are relevant to a student's daily life. The clear, straightforward writing style, in-text learning support, and trendsetting art help students understand key concepts. The accompanying Aplia for Biology further improves comprehension and outcomes by increasing student effort engagement and retention. Overall, this accessible and engaging introduction to biology provides an understanding of biology and the process of science while developing the critical-thinking skills students need to become responsible citizens of the world.
- NEW! Aplia for Biology helps students learn and understand key concepts via focused assignments and active learning opportunities that include randomized, automatically graded questions, exceptional text interaction, and immediate feedback.
- NEW! Chapter pedagogy provides more help for students to focus on key concepts, make connections to prior concepts, and see where the material is leading.
- NEW! The text is updated throughout with the latest research and even more clarity.
- Accessible Text: The clear writing style engages students and makes the material accessible without glossing over the science—even with the most formidable topics.
- A Wealth of Applications: Chapter opening sections motivate students by exploring a current event or controversy directly related to the chapter's content.
- In-Text Learning Tools: "Take-Home Messages" at the end of each section help students grasp the key concepts. The on-page running glossary provides students with immediate support with the language of Biology as they read.
- Helpful Art: The visually-appealing and accurate art program helps visual learners with step-by-step art, "Figure It Out" images, and animated figures. Eye-catching, chapter-opening art grabs student interest and highlights the chapter's big picture topic. It also appears within the chapter as an example.
- Clear Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Coverage: Chapter 5, Capturing and Releasing Energy, combines the coverage of Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration to reveal more completely and easily these key concepts.
- End of Chapter Support: The Visual Summary reinforces key concepts and links the chapter content visually for students. Each chapter also includes a Self Quiz, Critical Thinking questions, and Digging Into Data exercises.
2. Molecules of Life.
3. Cell Structure.
4. Energy and Metabolism.
5. Capturing and Releasing Energy.
6. DNA Structure and Function.
7. Gene Expression and Control.
8. How Cells Reproduce.
9. Patterns of Inheritance.
11. Evidence of Evolution.
12. Processes of Evolution.
13. Early Life Forms and the Viruses.
14. Plants and Fungi.
15. Animal Evolution.
16. Population Ecology.
17. Communities and Ecosystems.
18. The Biosphere and Human Effects.
19. Animal Tissues and Organs.
20. How Animals Move.
21. Circulation and Respiration.
23. Digestion and Excretion.
24. Neural Control and the Senses.
25. Endocrine Control.
26. Reproduction and Development.
27. Plant Form and Function.
28. Plant Reproduction and Development.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions, create multiple test versions in an instant, and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.